Lightning strikes and thunder rolls as G.W. Childs explores the vast depths of Reason’s awesome Master of All Synths: Thor!
Thor is the biggest, baddest synth in the Reason rack, and Thor’s sonic secrets are unveiled for the first time anywhere by veteran Thor sound designer G.W. Childs.
While Thor is an extremely advanced digital synthesizer, it is built looking back at basic analog synthesizer modules. G.W. takes you through Thor’s complex kingdom, knob by knob, diving beneath the GUI to uncover the sonic mysteries of this divine virtual synth.
If you're new to sound design, this couldn't be a better time to learn : as G.W. explores the mysteries of Thor you'll learn important sound design principles and see how synthesizer modules worktogether to create sound.
If you’re an experienced synthesist this tutorial will inspire you to dig deeper into the depths of this deep synth. So Join G.W. on an aural journey into the kingdom of the mythological Master of All Synths: Thor!
This tutorial, originally created in Reason 5, is forward-compatible with Reason 6 and beyond.
Table of contents:
1. Introduction of Thor
2. Modular Synthesis Concept
3. Opening Thor
4. Loading a patch
5. Thor’s Unique Polyphony Settings
6. Keyboard Modes
8. Rotaries and Buttons
9. Sound Design – Quick Bass Patch
10. Explanation of Oscillators in Synthesis
11. Changing Oscillators In Thor
12. Analog Oscillator
13. Wavetable Oscillator
14. Phase Modulation Oscillator
15. FM Pair Oscillator
16. Multi Oscillator
17. Noise Oscillator
18. Modulation Capabilities between Oscillators
19. Routing Secondary and Third Oscillators
20. Sound Design: Basic Multi-Oscillator Patch
21. Explanation of Filters within Synthesis
22. Filter Slots and their Strategies
23. Low Pass Oscillator
24. State Variable Filter
25. Comb Filter
26. Formant Filter
28. Filter Drive
29. The Shaper
30. Sound Design Exercise: Filter Kick
31. Introduction to LFOs
32. Thor’s Unique LFOs
33. Introduction to the Modulation Matrix
34. Envelopes can be LFOs Too – Global Envelope
35. Assignable Inputs and Outputs
36. Sound Design- Thor Effect Combinator
37. Introduction of Thor’s Sequencer
38. More than Just a Melodic Source
39. Sequencer Modes
40. Sound Design – Thor as Arp Like Device
41. Assignable Modulation Outputs in Thor and Sequencer…
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.