The perfect mobile tool for Instructors to demonstrate radio navigation techniques, and for students to consolidate and self test. Experienced pilots will also find the simulator valuable to prepare for an instrument rating or proficiency test.
●● This version of Radio Navigation Simulator, includes all of the features of the Student Edition… with the addition of an HSI, Dual Needle RMI, and a choice of five flight panel configurations for the instrument sets ●●
Radio Navigation Simulator Pro is a precision 2D flight simulator and training aid, designed for iPad, iPhone & iPod touch, that enables pilots and students to practice, understand and become proficient in the use and management of VOR, DME and ADF/RMI instruments, displayed with an HSI or Directional Gyro on a choice of five realistic flight panels.
For students, it’s easy to zoom-in, to either a single beacon, or a set of beacons, drag the airplane around to different locations, and watch the needles react. When ready, fly a prepared exercise or your own routes, in a flight area of 200 x 150 nms, with more than 40 navaid facilities. Printable latitude and longitude area charts are free to download.
***** "The best IFR training app for the iPhone/iPad. It's very, very good."
**** "A wonderful app, easily worth the price. The design is excellent and very well thought out."
***** "Does pretty well what it says it does. A useful tool for teaching/learning VOR/ADF navigation. Proposed updates make it sound that future versions will be even more capable. Good, prompt support."
***** "Great learning tool!"
***** "Fantastic trainer!"
Review by an experienced airline pilot & aviation blogger, who utilised RNS for a Boeing 737 check ride —
"Little did I know that the 30 minutes I spent playing with his application was the reason I flew the approach so awesomely!"
● Instrument panels optimised for iPhone5, iPhone, iPad & iPad mini, with full support for retina displays.
● Simulator operates within a synthetic flight environment of approx 300 x 200 nm, populated with VOR, VOR-DME and NDB navaids.
● Scaleable chart with Facilities, Idents, and Aircraft symbols.
● Full chart management with VOR Radials and Planned Routes.
● Aircraft track trail can be displayed, or suppressed.
● Flight panel and navigation chart simultaneously displayed.
● Realistic flight panel with the following instruments:
● HSI, VOR, DME, ADF (RMI or RBI), RMI (dual needle) and Directional Gyro .
● Fully manageable Radios for ADF, NAV1 and NAV2 (with DME).
● Airspeed range 60 to 600 knots.
● Altitude management and display.
● Flight profile in Real or Compressed time.
● Wind velocity, 0 to 99 kts, from any direction, steady or variable.
● Dead reckoning navigation capability, with flight environment mapped in Latitude and Longitude.
● All instruments and chart controlled with an intuitive multi gesture interface.
● Touch button flying controls.
● Popup Toolbars & Annunciators to manage flight panel facilities.
● Popup Toolbars and Icons to manage chart facilities.
● Detailed Getting Started help and full User Manual, contained within the app.
● All exercises and chart are seperately downloadable as PDF, for printing or reference.
A USA database containing all the navaids in the USA area, allowing flight training in your area of interest, is available for purchase.
This database provides real world radio navigation facilities, for the 48 contiguous US States plus Alaska and Hawaii, selectable by ARTCC Region.
Full details are provided within the app.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.