No need to wait, launching your screensaver with a hotkey to lock your Mac instantly!
Using a screensaver is still the most effective way of protecting your privacy while you are away from your Mac (even for this day and age).
In fact, a screensaver in conjunction with a password may very well be the only way of protecting your information from others when you are away from your Mac and still need to keep it working….
ScreenSaverNow provides an easy way for you to active your screensaver.
Just click the app's button in the status bar, dock icon menu or press a hotkey of your choice, and your screensaver will be instantly activated!
– OS 10.7 to OS 10.8 Sandbox compatible version
– fully customizable global hotkey trigger
– simple mouse click to trigger
– dock icon can be set hidden
– Sandbox compatible option of auto start at login.
v1.10 -> v1.12
– more stabilized action avoiding miss-trigger by user's mouse shaking after click
1. You may setup a password in conjunction with your screensaver in this way:
go to your Mac's "System Preferences". Then, under "Security & Privacy",
check the option "Require password after __ minutes sleep or screen saver begins"
2. Before setting your preferred global hotkey combination, please hit them first to test if they are already reserved by your system or by other apps.
After you've set your hotkey combination, please click the Save button.
3. ScreenSaverNow's preset hotkey combination is "command + shift + control + h",
4. As key presses and key releases are system events which, in this case, can trigger the stopping of screensaver, please release the hotkey quickly as the system would otherwise responds to the key releases, thereby stopping the screensaver you've just started.
One click of mouse or a press of hotkey activates your screensaver instantly.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.