Basic Talk is an application designed for people who have some form of verbal impairment. This application is a tool that helps express basic needs to others by using an easy to use interface. Basic Talk is organized to be fast, simple, and will reduce the chance for miscommunication.
Who is Basic Talk for?
Basic Talk is a tool to help people who have some form of verbal impairment to communicate as well as to help their family, friends and caregivers assist them better. This tool is intended for:
• People with temporal verbal disability and reduced mobility because of surgery
• Persons with a permanent disability that does not allow verbal communication
• People with visual and verbal disabilities.
Which requirements must be met to use Basic Talk?
• Basic Talk is designed to communicate feelings or basic needs of a person in a state of temporary or permanent verbal disability however is not designed to hold a fluent conversation with others
• The user must be conscious.
• The user must be able to read and interpret symbols and must have the ability to touch the screen (tablet or smartphone) or be able to guide someone to do it for them.
How does Basic Talk work?
Basic Talk presents the user with buttons arranged in the center and four corners of the screen to minimize the risk of selection errors. Four of these buttons are to indicate a specific need that can then be subdivided into more specific needs so that the user can accurately express themselves. The bottom right button is to go back. In addition there are 3 main buttons that are permanently on display. Yes, No, Thanks. There is also a ringer button to get the attention of a caregiver.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.