Home Forums SharewareOnSale Deals Discussion 5 Tips to Fix Slow Boot Times in Windows 10 / Nov 21 2020

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ashraf
    Keymaster

Have something to say about 5 Tips to Fix Slow Boot Times in Windows 10? Say it here!

Have suggestions, comments, or need help? Post it here! If you know of better software than 5 Tips to Fix Slow Boot Times in Windows 10, post it here! If you know of issues with 5 Tips to Fix Slow Boot Times in Windows 10, post it here! Share your knowledge with all of us. :-)

#16817368 Reply | Quote
    ViTra

Why should I revealall my private data in order to get this download ? Which purpose do you want for ? No, go to the hell with your free offer .

#16818201 Reply | Quote
    Mr.Dave

The offer is from TradePub. That doesn’t bother me, I’ve gotten some useful guides, books and even magazine subscriptions from them. All the data they collect is to help them know who their audience is, and it’s not hard to make up information if needed. They want to know about the company you work for, and the company I work for doesn’t allow us to give out that information (and work e-mail) for web offers. So yes, some information in my account profile is incorrect, but they get something close to what they need.

More troubling is that the guide offered today is about 4 years old. Windows 10 has changed a lot in that time. Slow boot time problems the “Anniversary Edition” introduced have mostly been addressed through updates. Only 5 “fixes” are addressed, one being a Linux Terminal for developers that’s already off by default for everyone else. One is about disabling Windows Fast Boot, which after further research, I decided to try. Will see if it helps on my next re-boot. There’s a very old technique for managing virtual memory (page file) that you might not know about. They recommend updating graphics card drivers.

The final fix, as in almost any discussion of fixing Windows, is a fresh install of Windows. That’s my main gripe with Windows, the need to reinstall and start over whenever one of many problems arises. Microsoft relies on this catch-all approach instead of fixing their OS. Maybe someday I’ll learn my lesson and quit using my PC for anything except Edge and MS Office, but until then, a reinstall is literally weeks of my time. So until the ever-increasing annoyances and failing system software components outweighs the reinstall effort, a reinstall is simply not an option.

The download process is VERY slow today, ended in a mostly blank screen with no download. An option on that TradePub screen is “My Library”. I clicked that, then needed to log in, then I had to click a confirmation in an email they send quickly. Then my list of books appeared and I was finally able to “open” the book, which caused to download the .pdf file, not open it.

The guide is from “Make Use Of” or MUO, who publish a variety of normally very good how-to e-books. It cantains links to other articles for more help, the ones I tried were all from 2016 or earlier.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #16817368 in 5 Tips to Fix Slow Boot Times in Windows 10 / Nov 21 2020