The EFM1 and the EVD6 are two of the coolest Software Instruments in the Logic collection. Get beyond the presets in this awesome 2-for-1 tutorial by Logic master and SFLogicNinja David Earl…
The EFM1: Ever make something out of nothing? Well, that’s kind of how you generate sounds using frequency modulation, or FM. You can start out with a simple sine wave and then, by modulating it with another sine wave, you can create the most amazing timbres right inside the EFM1!
In the first part of this tutorial, David Earl shows you everything about Frequency Modulation using the EFM1: You’ll learn all about Carrier and Modulator waves, the foundation of FM synthesis. You’ll see how harmonic relationships create a variety of complex tonal timbres. He reveals you the hidden, built-in wave tables that help you take your modulator to a whole new level. You'll even discover how you can automate the modulation by using the EFM1's dedicated ADSR. Did anyone mention randomization? Learn how to use controlled randomness that lead to new and unusual sonic worlds!
Logic's EVD6 is another story altogether. Did you know that the EVD6 is the little brother to Logic’s awesome Sculpture Modeling Synth? It is! And David Earl will show you all the cool secrets to programming this complex and very creative instrument.
Sure, the EVD6 does a great rendition of the famous Hohner Clavinet. That’s cool. But there’s so much more that lurks beneath its benign faceplate. In this tutorial David explores how this little synth can easily become one of the hippest places to go in your Logic arsenal to fire up some wonderful and original new timbres.
So if you want to dig deeper into the EFM1 and EVD6 this tutorial by macProvideo.com’s rising star David Earl is just what you've been waiting for!
Table of Contents:
01. Origins of FM Synthesis
02. Exploring the EFM1 layout
03. Exploring Global Parameters
04. Working with the Carrier and Modulator
05. Using the Modulation EnvelopeO
06. Adjusting the Output Parameters
07. Exploring the Output Parameters
08. Getting Creative with Random Settings
09. Getting Creative with Sound Design
10. Origins of the Hohner Clavinet
11. Exploring the EVD6's Layout
12. How to Get your Strings Excited
13. Exploring the String Model
14. Exploring Pickup positions
15. Getting Creative with Integrated Effects
16. Exploring Global Parameters
17. Rocking the Filter Rocker Switches
18. Exploring Models and MIDI assignment
19. Getting Creative – Making a Harp
20. Getting Creative – Sound Design
21. Getting Creative – More Sound Design
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.