Windows and nearly all other software that is installed on it produce temporary data. These disk space consuming files are used to remember personal data or user behaviour in the best case, but most of the time they only decrease the speed of your system the more is installed on it.
Unfortunately there are not many programs that really take care about consequences of saving temporary files to different places, with different extensions or without always deleting when possible or necessary. 1-abc.net Hard Drive Washer does what all these programs forget. It searches for these unnecessary files and offers you to delete them.
Besides conventional temporary files that normally are saved with a .tmp extension, there are more files that are not really required to keep your system running. Especially backup files that end on a .bak extension, .log files or files that were renamed to .old for security reasons months ago can be found and deleted easily with this program.
Additionally, 1-abc.net Hard Drive Washer can delete the whole content of temporary folders and allows the user to configure what files should be looked for. Of course it is also possible to edit the exceptions list for files that should not be deleted under any circumstances because not all software developers take care about what temporary files are normally meant for. Other nice features are the scheduling function (clean your hard disk each … days) and the possibility to scan each drive including hard drives, floppy disks, camera cards and USB-sticks for unnecessary files.
To keep it absolutely secure, all unnecessary data can be deleted to the Recycle Bin to enable undoing these changes.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Very fast temporary files search engine
- Cleaning all temporary folders
- Undo function by using the Recycle Bin
- Configurable exceptions list, add relative or full paths to files or folders
- Scheduler to decide how often you want to start a searching process automatically
- Drive selection to search on any re-writable media
- Add your own files or file extensions you want the program to search for
- Close program automatically when deleting is done
- Feature to select what files with what extensions can be deleted
- Erase deleted files completely with the wiping feature so they can not be recovered again
- See and modify default temporary folder
- Check files before deleting by executing them from the results list directly
- Add found files to exception list directly
- See file size, creation time, last modification time and time of last file access for files to delete
- Backup feature to copy your files to another folder before deleting
- Full screen view for results by option or by default
- Program can be installed on USB sticks, floppy disks or nearly all other re-writable media
- Very low system resources required