We are not lawyers. We are entrepreneurs. Thus, we will keep this sweet and simple.
SharewareOnSale partners with software developers and publishers to promote their software, apps, and services. Majority of the downloads and deals you find on SharewareOnSale have been exclusively organized by SharewareOnSale with the developer or publisher of said download or deal. If you are here to submit a DMCA request for an exclusive SharewareOnSale deal, you are an idiot. Go away.
That being said, aside from exclusive SharewareOnSale deals, we also aggregate downloads and offers we find on the internet. The downloads and offers are not piracy nor are they illegal — they are legitimate downloads and offers, either run directly by the developer or publisher or a partner website and are available to the public. All downloads, apps, services, content, trademarks, or other intellectual properly is the property of its rightful owner and we do not express any ownership over it. We understand that some developers or publishers may not necessarily want the exposure to tens of thousands of people that we provide. Therefore, if you see your software, app, or service on our website and you would like us to take it down, you can do so easily.
To send us a DMCA takedown request, please send us an email to email@example.com. In that email, include all of the following information:
- Identify the intellectual property or copyrighted work you think is being infringed; the best way to do this is by providing a link to the page or download on our website.
- Your name, address, affiliation to the intellectual property or copyrighted work, phone number, and email address.
- A statement that you truly believe, in good faith, that intellectual property in question has not been authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information you have provided us is completely accurate, and under penalty of perjury, you are the intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property that has allegedly been infringed.
SharewareOnSale will respond to your DMCA takedown request as per the guidelines and requirements set forth by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. You may find out more about the DMCA at http://copyright.gov.