Hi everybody. :-)
1) you must insert an email address in the first field and the license key in the second field.
Example: I inserted SOS@sharewareonsale.com as email and the program didn’t complain.
2) the program must have access to internet, via firewall rules.
I created a rule for filecleaner.exe, tcp ports 80 and 443, outgoing connections, and it worked.
Maybe it could have worked also without the 443 port (but I didn’t try this).
Pre and post installation: no bad reports from W10 defender, sas free, mbam3 free, eek free.
Reports from virustotal, metadefender, jotti, virscan:
Dr.Web Gateway: Program.Unwanted.909
File cleaner setup version 22.214.171.1242.
This time, no errors during install (there was an error when I tried to install it during July 2017 offer).
I was using “shadow defender” at that time, not sure if the problem was it.
Comparison (current and updated versions) before cleaning:
– Wise Care 365 pro (customized by me) reports 615 files, 112.7MB and 68 traces.
– CCleaner free (with winapp2.ini) reports 59.8MB (it doesn’t show the total number of files).
– filecleaner pro (default settings) reports 1071 unresolved problems, files to be deleted: 96, 3MB.
Registry items to be removed: 9
Registry items to be removed using RegistryCleaner: 966
Comparison after cleaning (with WCare365 and ccleaner):
– filecleaner pro (default settings) reports 8 unresolved problems, files to be deleted: 96, 562 bytes.
Registry items to be removed: 2
Registry items to be removed using RegistryCleaner: this doesn’t appear anymore
Comparison of registry cleaners integrated in these three programs:
– Wise Care 365 pro reports 10 problems (without counting 175 exclusions).
– CCleaner free reports 5 problems (without counting 41 exclusions).
– filecleaner pro doesn’t report problems at all.
All in all, this program seems to be safe (and this is a compliment).
Thanks for this software SOS, Ashraf, WebMinds inc.!