Dr. Folder is a software that search and replace the standard icon of a folder on any other icon. It has a pretty and friendly interface. It is a powerful software and easy to use. You can change icons of folders quickly and freely just by clicking several buttons. So, using Dr. Folder can save you lots of time. The most important is that it can make your folders lively and I think others will envy your beautiful folders!
- Get organized – Prioritize your tasks or indicate process progress with ‘priority’ icons
- Save time on finding file – Put your folders in order in 1 click
- Protect valuable information from accidental removal – Highlight important folders that must not be removed
- Personalize your workspace – Make your folders distinct from other folders, shared with other users on one PC or LAN
- You have the right to use Dr. Folder in your office
- Dr. Folder can change the Network folder icon. So you can customize your LAN
- Dr. Folder contains additional icons for office work
- Dr. Folder allows you to change the folder icon with the easiest way (Just one mouse click)
- Dr. Folder has two additional options for folder icon changes: “Make customized folder distributable” (portable) and “Apply selected icon to all subfolders”
- Dr. Folder can mark folders by priority (high, normal, low), by degree of work complete (done, half-done, planned), by work status (approved, rejected, pending) and by the type of the information contained in a folder (work files, important files, temp files, private files).
- Dr. Folder can change a folder’s color to normal, dark and light states
- Dr. Folder changes folder icons from within a popup menu of the folders. To change a folder icon, you don’t even need to run the program!
- Dr. Folder’s popup menu contains convenient category submenus.
- Dr. Folder contains a User Icons tab where you can add an unlimited quantity of your favorite icons and mark folders with them. It’s easy!
Dr. Folder allows you to:
- Apply different icons to individual folders in one mouse click
- Easily change the folder icon from system context menu
- Replace the system-defined standard folder icon, which is used by Windows to display each folder on your computer
- Search for icons on your computer
- Copy icon to the current folder to make your folder icons independent from icon source files (that allows you to move or copy your customized folders anywhere even to another computer! Your folders will be the look exactly as you specified)
- Rebuild the system icon cache to repair incorrect icon images
- Add your favorite icons to the user icon list to access them faster
- Convert icon from PNG, BMP, JPG or GIF file
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.
Reviews for Dr. Folder
Nice program, we can change the look of every folder. We can rank photos, colorize them for separate purposes to specify the business situations we do.
The best part of this program is that even if the program is turned off, the backplane does not consume system resources. In addition, we can change the icon of the desired folder and create new icons.
The program also automatically copies the new icon into that folder when you change the icons; So let’s move the files where the icons are located.
All in all, I would recommend the practice small and efficient.
Dr. Folder is an application that will quickly impress you if you are always into themes and changing the native look of your operating system. After installing it, Windows users will notice how it changes the standard folder icons and giving them a fresh look. Just to get the taste of what this application offers, I tried it out and here is what I found out.
At a Glance
Right off the bat, there is no denying that Dr. Folder mainly focusses on the aesthetics of your system’s folders. The installation only needs a few minutes as you will be welcomed to a nice UI. From this main window, finding your around is pretty simple as most of the folder changing processes are few clicks away.
This is probably the next feature you will note about Dr. Folder after its clean UI and ease of use. Take advantage of folder marking to categorize your folders based on different factors like type of information, degree of work complete, and priority. My most used basis for categorization was the type of information each folder contained.
Although Dr. Folder has processes that only require few clicks to complete, which might come across as rigid, it surely presents flexibility as well. To start with, I was delighted to apply different icons to single folders. It was even more interesting to find out that this piece of software allows you to convert image files between GIF, PNG, JPG, ICO, and BMP.
Export New Look Folders
When using Dr. Folder, the need to move or copy your folders around from location to another will arise. In such cases, you will not have to worry. This application gives you the option to copy icons to your target folders hence allowing such folders to pick up the icons and retain their looks as on your original location.
More of Aesthetics
The kind of people who will find this application useful are those that are into themes and looks. As such, I really did not find it very helpful since some of the features it offers like changing folder icons can be executed within Windows without the need of another software.
In terms of being less useful regarding functionality, what Dr. Folder offers doesn’t seem worth its price tag. You would want to be aware of its cost verses its features when you are about to make your purchase decision.
Dr. Folder would only be useful if you want to revamp the look of the folders on your computer. If there is anything more than that that you expected, you will have to contend with its price tag so that you don’t regret later on for having used your money on a less valuable software.
Dr. Folder is a tool designed to change the appearance of your folders by adding icons, changing colors, or marking them depending on the files they contain or the urgency of the work in them. This software is designed for use in busy environments or fun –as depicted by the included icons. It can apply changes to either a single or multiple folders at the same time.
The software features a clean interface with all the basic functions –which is simply to change the appearance of the folders –listed on the homepage. From here, you can select to apply changes to one folder or multiple files, browse the folders you would love to use, and indicate icons preview the set of icons available.
It is also available in 9 different languages including complex and simplified Chinese, especially given that the software is developed by a Chinese company. Other than that, it is indeed simple to use and anybody can change folder icons with ease.
Although the software works as expected, I still don’t find it to be essential since most of its work can be easily done via Windows OS. Just right click on a folder, go to customize and start changing the folder icons. At $29, I don’t think I’d ever buy this software to do this with no additional function. However, given that it is free here, you can download it and try to find out if it will be helpful to you.
Another disadvantage that I noticed on Dr. Folder is that it has no control over the Windows basic folders such as Downloads, Documents, Pictures, and Music. The software will attempt to change it and won’t tell whether it was successful or not, but it doesn’t apply changes. I tried it several times, but it just couldn’t work.
• Changes folder icons
• Marks folders as important, rejected, and approved, which might help you locate required folders easily.
• Allows for labelling folders with bold numbers for easy location.
• Kids can mark their folders with icons such as pigs, rabbits, and rats just to add fun into their computer usage.
• Most of its work can be easily done by Windows OS.
• Doesn’t function on some folders
• If you were to buy this software, it would cost you $29 which is way more for software that only applies icons to folders.
Unless you handle hundreds of folders and you would want some of them to stand out from others, this software won’t be useful for you. It would have better if it were a free set of icons to be included in the basic windows folder customization option than be software on its own.
Submit Your Review
This is for reviews only. If you want to post suggestions or comments, ask questions, or need help, please post in the discussion forum.