Investments and Portfolio Theory are a function of the risk, return, and tradeoffs associated between them. In this course, you’ll explore how these factors are interconnected, and how to analyze the risk-return tradeoff to make safe and smart investments. By course’s end, you’ll be ready to construct a diverse, powerful investment portfolio.
- Access 21 lectures & 4.5 hours of content 24/7
- Understand investment, risk, return, tradeoffs, & portfolio theories
- Calculate return & risk of assets & portfolios using the Markowitz Modern Portfolio Theory
- Assess the CAPM Required rate of return & make investment decisions
- Learn how to measure risk & return, & diversify your investment
Macroeconomics is the “big-picture” of the economy – a view of how, why, and in what way people, governments, and central banks react to economic events. In this course, you’ll treat macroeconomics as a story, analyzing historical events, and discussing how major economic stimulants can affect personal financial decisions. You’ll gain a holistic view of how global economies work, and how to act as an individual within them.
- Access 21 lectures & 4 hours of content 24/7
- Understand what can lead to inflation & when the markets might flourish
- Assess when interest rates may rise & when the right time to invest is
- Decode success stories of GDP growth & recognize when an economy may boom
- Recognize how oil price changes may impact foreign earnings & expenses
- Determine how government decisions may impact your salary
Bonds are relatively safe investments with a steady stream of income, often issued by governments and corporations as a means of borrowing money. They are fairly complex things, however, as there are a variety of attributes that contribute to how a bond is ultimately valued. This course will elucidate the entire concept of bonds, including why they are issued, and what sort of risks they present.
- Access 28 lectures & 4 hours of content 24/7
- Understand the specs of bonds & the relationship between each attribute
- Learn how to compute yield, duration, & price, along w/ fixed & floating interest rates
- Compare two bonds based on ratings & features & decide which is better
- Explore convexity, bond risks, & bond options
Excel is a programming language in and of itself. In this power-packed course, you’ll use Excel and Visual Basic for Apps (VBA) for some serious financial number-crunching. You’ll cover risk modeling, factor analysis, numerical optimization, and linear and logistic regression in your quest to become a competent financial modeler.
- Access 50 lectures & 12 hours of content 24/7
- Model risk using covariance matrices & historical returns
- Understand principal components, Eigen values & Eigen vectors
- Apply PCA to explain the returns of a technology stock like Apple
- Study various extensions to the Simplex method, including K-of-N constraints & quadratic objective functions
- Interpret regression results & avoid common pitfalls
Learn from history, or be condemned to repeat it. That goes double in the world of tech! Why did GroupOn, Yahoo, and MySpace stumble while AirBnB, Google, and Facebook thrived? This course seeks to answer questions like this, studying the past two decades to summarize some key trends of the tech industry. It rounds off with some specific ideas on how an individual or a company may deal with these trends.
- Access 20 lectures & 3.5 hours of content 24/7
- Explore trends from 1994-2003, 2003-2008, 2005 to today, 2008-2012, 2012 to today, & 2008 to today
- Analyze today’s biggest trends: Big Data, cloud computing, & machine learning
- Learn from the mistakes of tech history
Microeconomics is a field packed with everyday applications, from economic to social transactions. This course explores the competing theories of economics, giving you a crash course in how to think about markets, finance, and the economic drivers that guide all of our decisions.
- Access 42 lectures & 6 hours of content 24/7
- Apply Game Theory to decide whether to be adversarial or cooperative in real-life situations
- Determine how best to price products or services you are selling
- Decide the kind of cost structure a firm or enterprise should have, relative to its competitive landscape
- Model demand, supply & the effects of income, government regulations & technology
As any American can tell you, corporate finance is an incredibly complex and dicey subject. This course, however, will give you a comprehensive, big picture and small details overview of corporate finance. You’ll dive into financial statements, ratios, Dupont’s Identity, and more essential topics so you’ll have a complete grasp of how money really works.
- Access 39 lectures & 7.5 hours of content 24/7
- Interpret financial statements, like balance sheets, income statements & statements of cash flows
- Parse SEC filings like the 10K & 10Q to understand the business model of any company entirely from its investor filings
- Calculate ratios in all major categories: liquidity, leverage, turnover, profitability & valuation
- Apply Dupont’s Identity to see whether a company’s stock returns are driven by operational efficiency, asset efficiency, or leverage
- Calculate the sustainable rate of growth at which a company can grow w/o external financing
Equity valuation can be a complex and confusing concept, but it’s an essential one for entrepreneurs and anybody who works in a small business or startup. This course will explore equity valuation from both wide and narrow scopes before connecting the dots between the two to give you a full-fledged understanding of this important financial concept.
- Access 49 lectures & 6 hours of content 24/7
- Get introduced to equity valuation topics like intrinsic value, price, valuation & market capitalization
- Discover absolute valuation techniques
- Explore Net Present Value & discounting cash flows
- Apply important types of models, such as Dividend-Discount models, Free Cash Flow models & Relative-Value models
- Calculate the cost of capital to a company
All featured courses are designed for educational purposes only and do not reflect our views or recommendations. Please note that all course purchasers invest at their own risk.
A Qlikview app is like an in-memory database. It is a single tool that you can use to transform, summarize, and visualize data. The interactive nature of Qlikview allows you to explore and iterate data very quickly to develop an intuitive feel. In this course, you’ll use real-life, practical examples to learn how to work with this tool.
- Access 26 lectures & 2.5 hours of content 24/7
- Use list boxes, table boxes, & chart boxes to query data
- Load data into a QV app from CSV & databases, avoiding synthetic keys & circular references
- Transform & add new fields in a load script
- Present your insights effectively using elements like charts, drill downs, & triggers
- Perform nested aggregations in charts
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.