I use Aeroadmin already. It is similar to Teamviewer, but I find that less-savvy customers usually are more able to download and start aeroadmin. It is a fantastic alternative to LogmeIn and Teamviewer, which we share at work. I have also tried Zoho Assist, but that program was wonky and I would frequently lose mouse or keyboard access. LogMeIn usually is at a higher resolution, so items are too small for my poor eyesight, but it works with Mac and Windows. Teamviewer also works well across platforms.
The advantages for Aeroadmin:
* Aeroadmin has the cleanest interface
* My customers are more successful at starting aeroadmin (it takes less time)
* If the customer no longer wants a remote control program on the computer, they can drag and drop aeroadmin into the trash
* It doesn’t work on a Mac. I use a Mac….
I found one trick:
If you want to set it up for remote access on a computer,
1. click on Connection in the upper left
2. Click on Services (it will now automatically run at startup)
3. Select Access Rights
4. Click the green Plus button
5. Type in your ip (Your ID) in the top textbox
6. Create a name
7. Create a password
8. Click OK. Now you can log in later if they have further questions, as long as you know their ID.