- This topic has 20 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 months, 1 week ago by enzo pezzullo.
Jan 29, 2020 at 11:59 am #14926411AlanGuest
To Manuel, thank you again for your reply. I am pleased to report that your fix actually worked!Jan 29, 2020 at 5:06 pm #14926770BillGuest
What a shame. The developer obviously put time into creating this program, just not enough.
1. Why am I getting a refusal to allow me to activate the program because a potentially unwanted program was detected? This is a “notes” program. It shouldn’t be doing anything that an anti-virus program would flag.
2. There only seems to be one data file for all the notes.
3. I can’t change the location of the data file (I consider this a critical ability).
4. I can’t do a “Save as” so I can easily make a copy of the data file.
5. No spell check.
6. No special formatting (automatic indents, bullets, tab stops, etc.)
7. No way to set the program to start automatically when Windows opens.
8. If you want to search only titles, you have to make a change in the settings. Why not a separate icon to do a titles only search?
9. Why is there such a small limit on the number of search results?
10. No “About” box to show me what version I’m using.
In short, while the programmer may be very capable, the product isn’t. The only thing I see that would make the program special is the “table of contents” idea. Not enough to make me switch from the other programs I am using. I’ll wait for version Two-point-O.Jan 29, 2020 at 11:18 pm #14927150ManuelGuest
Thank you Mr.Dave for your notes about my program.
Please note that all the programs I made myself and is hard for one man to mantain and improve their software especially if it has few sales.
People want the best quality but not willing to pay for it. I understand your points but that’s it.
1. You get the antivirus warning because of the activation method I use.
And because some people enjoy causing trouble (the people that create malware and viruses), honest developers suffer for it. The way antiviruses program works, by checking in files similar patterns to what’s already stored in its existing database may flagging the wrong files…
2. There is one “data” folder that contain multiple data files.
3. The application is portable and it means you can copy the program along with the “data” folder anywhere you want.
So, you can change the location of the database folder.
4. You don’t need to “save as” a copy of a single data file. Just copy/backup entire “data” folder and will be ok.
5. Yes, no spell check (does not have this feature)
6. Yes, does not have special formatting (is a simple note taking program)
7. Why you want the program to start automatically when Windows opens? I think is no need for that.
8. I will take this idea into account and maybe I will implement it in the next version.
9. There is a small limit on the number of search results because it was easier for me to code this feature for one page only and not to worry about potential bugs.
10. The current version number is displayed on the main page of the application.Jan 30, 2020 at 2:33 am #14927524jmGuest
Works great for me. Like the author said:”give it a chance.” I hope this is not just a demo since I would not want to waste time putting anything important there. Does this expire? I wish the data file were in the program so no one could delete those. Also the HOME icon is next to the DELETE icon–I would change that. Would be nice to have an UNDO icon or GOBACK. Otherwise it is what it is–and that ain’t bad!Jan 30, 2020 at 3:20 am #14927691ManuelGuest
The program will expire only when reinstall Windows or when you change your computer or hardware parts.
If the data files were in the program, then will be more likely to lose data if Operating System breaks.
I will make the other changes you suggested in the next version. ThanksJan 30, 2020 at 8:34 am #14928565enzo pezzulloGuest
L’ho installato con tracciamento (reg. organizer) e sembra che funzioni.