The security of sensitive data is often neglected. But the encryption of diaries, pictures or other secret documents with the AES or Blowfish algorithm is so simply. abylon BASIC is a collection for encryption, signing, compressing, searching, copying or moving of files and folders. For the encryption the software supports the blowfish- and AES encryption algorithm and passwords, smart cards, certificates and USB sticks as secret.
- Encryption with passwords, certificates, chip cards, CDs or USB Sticks
- 448 Bit Blowfish or 256 Bit AES Encryption algorithm
- Compression (ZIP-Format)
- Optimise copy and move files
- Digital Envelope and signature
- Complete integration in the File Explorer
The security of sensitive data is often neglected. Only an encryption provide a full protection of the files on your computer or sending by email.abylon BASIC is a collection to encrypt, sign, compress, search, copy or move your files and folders. All modules integrates itself completely into the context menu of the File Explorer. With the Easy Encryption technology (EEnTe) only a few steps are necessary to protect your files. Thereby the secret based SYMM-System and the X.509-certificate-based HYBRID-System are supported. As secret it is possible to enter a password over the keyboard or to use a removable media (e. g. memory stick), a smart card or CD. abylon CRYPTZIP is a surface for creating and editing compressed ZIP archives, whereby the encryption and signing also supported. Functionality abylon PASTE optimise the copying and moving procedure of files. For example unchanged files are not copied, from changed files make a backup and after moving the source files to the target, the source files are wipe automatically! The module abylon FIND can find also your hidden files and folders on your hard disk.
- Full integration in MS File Explorer (Context menu)
- Passwordscrambler and Image-Input: Anti-Keylogger function by chop up the password input and the use of image objects for cryptic password sequences
- abylon PASTE: Optimize the copying and moving procedure of files
- abylon FIND: Search functionality
- abylon CRYPTZIP: Creating and editing compressed ZIP archives
- abylon HYBRID CRYPT: Certificate based encryption and signature (incl. SME-Files for email sending)
- abylon SYMM CRYPT: Password- and secret based encryption (e. g. chip card, USB Sticks or CDs)
- Context-sensitive menu according to the options and selected files
- abylon CRYPT-ASSISTENT: Step by step to a crypt-file
- Menu points are deactivate in the settings
- Supported PKCS#7 file extensions for encryption (CRP, P7M, TBE), signing (SGN, TBS, P7S) or encryption and singing in one step (SME, ASC, PK7, VSP7)
- Administration and creation of X.509 test certificates
- Provide an executable copy of the software on an external storage medium (e. g. USB stick)
- Command line call
- CAPI (Microsoft Crypt API),
- PKCS#7 (Cryptographic Message Syntax Standard)
- PKCS#11 (Cryptographic Token Interface Standard)
- PKCS#12 (Personal Information Exchange Syntax)
- X.509 v3 Certificates
- Blowfish and AES Algorithm
- Microsoft certificate database
- Compression in the ZIP-Format
- # Wiping according to the DOD- or Peter Gutman method
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.
Reviews for BASIC 22
If you need to protect files in your computer from possible access by intruders, you must get a good software that guarantees protection and is not easy to crack. Abylon Basic provides full protection of the files that you have stored on your computer and even those you have received or sent via mail.
Abylon Basic is a collection of different software algorithms meant to compress, encrypt, sign, protect, move, copy, and search your files and folders. The software integrates easily in Microsoft File Explorer and commands appear in its context menu. The encryption technology used, Easy Encryption Technology (EEnTe), makes it easier to set up protection on your files and folders. Each of the components in this software work together for enhanced protection of different kinds of files.
Abylon Basic features a myriad of security options to keep your files secure. There is a password scrambler that separates the passwords into puzzle-like pieces that make it hard for an intruder to find the exact sequence. The Abylon SYMM Crypt is a certificate-based encryption that has a signature and is used to protect files that are being transferred via e-mail. Others include the CRYPT ASSISTANT which allows for step-by-step file encryption and a CRYPTZIP, which creates and compresses zipped files and folders.
You can deactivate menu points in the settings and a key can either be entered through a keyboard or using a USB stick. You can also use a smartcard or command line call to open or lock your files. Whichever the medium used, the key is encrypted to ensure that your files are stored safely.
Abylon Basic requires an Intel Pentium processor or any other compatible processor with minimum of 256MB RAM. It works on all versions of Windows and allows for access using a smartcard reader or USB connection.
The software features a combination of multiple security standards including PC/SC, RSA, Blowfish and AES algorithm, CAPI (Microsoft Crypt API), ZIP Compression, and Microsoft Certificate Database among others. It is easy to install and implement, especially if you are used to security software. It does quite a good job in protecting your files while at the same time provides you with multiple options of retrieving your stored files.
Only professionals can use the advanced features that this software offers since novice users may encounter difficulties in choosing the appropriate encryption options. Another disturbing thing is that communication with the support staff is difficult because they are not from an English speaking country. You will have to go through the same thing over and over before you understand each other.
Abylon Basic means security with this advanced software that provides one of the most secure ways to store individual files or software. It will come in handy if you are dealing with confidential information and the myriad of options to use when accessing the files makes it even more convenient. It is a must-have for anybody who cares about security of their documents or other files.
Submit Your Review
This is for reviews only. If you want to post suggestions or comments, ask questions, or need help, please post in the discussion forum.