The list of vehicles and associated details can be displayed, sorted in different ways, modified, and exported to other applications using the standard CSV (comma separated value) file format. Unlike other scanning apps, this one runs entirely on your Android device without needing a network, so there are NO data charges or network delays whatsoever, and the number plates and images you take do NOT have to be uploaded to any server.
As well as handling poor and low lighting conditions, CarCheck also supports numerous formats of car, motorcycle, and heavy goods vehicle plates, including personalised and some international (non-Dutch) number plates.
CarCheck supports up to 150 vehicles in the database at any time. This version is optimised for Dutch vehicle registration plates, please contact us for information on other locales.
Customers who require more advanced recognition or integration capabilities may wish to upgrade to one of our other ANPR and parking enforcement solutions. To enquire about professional deployment, volume licensing deals, international plate formats and other options, or to hear about the wide range of other image recognition solutions offered by Imense Ltd., please email email@example.com and visit our website.
(1) Hold your Android device horizontally, making sure the camera is not obscured. Try to line up the vehicle number plate such that it falls roughly within the green focusing rectangle.
(2) Tap the camera icon on the screen to take a picture of the number plate. CarCheck will analyse the image you took and recognise and display the registration code. The registration string will be displayed in green (high confidence), amber (medium confidence), or red (low confidence). You can simply hit 'return' to take the image again. There is also a button and settings option to make use of the flash or torch light (only effective at short distances).
(3) If the vehicle is already in your database, then details are displayed. Otherwise simply click the 'Add to list' button to add details about a vehicle and add it to the database.
(4) To take a new image, simply press the 'back' button on your Android device.
(5) The name of the database CSV file can be configured via the 'Settings' menu. The file is stored on your SD card. To display or edit the list, tap the 'Lists...' button or choose 'Manage Lists'. The list of vehicle registration codes can be sorted and displayed using different criteria.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.