What about being in a theatre or at a play and need to text someone or email without disturbing the people around you? Yep...
Ever been outside and need to use your phone quickly, but you can't see the screen for the sun? Uh huh...
LIGHT SHADE TO THE RESCUE!
Light Shade doesn't do anything your phone can't already do, it just does a lot of things quickly and easily at the same time, making things easier and faster for you. It's all about convenience and speed.
With a simple yet beautiful design, it is intuitive and easy to use.
Just touch the icon, (or assign it to a pie menu or navigation bar for even quicker access) and a menu will slide in with just 3 simple options;
Lets go over what each one does :-)
- Immediately cuts off ALL sound (media, ringer, alarms) and vibration
- Dims the display all the way down
- Locks the rotation of the display into portrait view
This is perfect for lying on your side in the bed at night poking your phone and NOT disturbing your bed mate.
This mode is also good for the aforementioned theatres or plays.
- This basically reverses the other two modes so,
- all sound back to normal
- display back to normal
- rotation back to normal
Your usual usage settings for being indoors and not next to someone sleeping.
Pretty self explanatory that one :-)
-This button leaves all the other options at normal, but turns the display brightness all the way up!
That previously mentioned sunshine is no match for FULL DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS!!!
See, pretty cool huh? Convenience and speed. Just for Night mode, most people would have to fiddle with at least 3 different things to achieve what this app does in a very quick 1 tap.
And switching between these modes quickly without this app... Forget about it :-D
Oh, and this app also presents itself to you as an overlay, so you can access it "over" what ever it is your doing at the moment so it is as convenient and quick as possible without being interuptive in any way.
Also, a nice and easy to reach menu made for your thumb. A piece of cake to reach with it, no matter how big your screen. More apps should be like that, don't you think?
Well that's it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, and that it is as useful to you, as it has been for me.
- A special thanks goes to Callan Hodgskin for all his input. He has a game for Android and iOS called "Pathos" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.x10host.pathos which is the best darned roguelike I have ever played!
- I used "Giganticon" by Gabriel Taubman to make my icon in the screenshot above look really big. Check his app out, it's nice.
- I also used "Screener" by Toastcode to make the fancy screenshots within a Nexus 5 graphic.
- The awesome wallpaper on the phone, is from the app "Backdrops" and the paper was made by Samer Zayer who also makes some nice icon packs!
- The nicely textured background wallpaper the phone is sitting on, is from the "Stealth" icon pack by none other than Stealthychief.
- The launcher used in the screens above is the one and only "Nova Launcher" by TeslaCoil Software.
- Widget up top is "KWGT" by Kustom Industries. Best widget app there is.
- And last but not least is the icon pack used in the screenshots. It's "Glim Dark" by Maximilian Keppeler. Really awesome icon pack.
Why are you still here?
Just try it!
It's only 99 cents for cryin out loud!
Good day sir...
I SAID GOOD DAY!!!
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.