Nuke Med Calculator allows you to quickly and reliably perform many day-to-day calculations without the trouble of tables and serial calculations. It includes:
- A decay calculator that works for both forward and back decay, and is accurate to the minute
- An exposure calculator that allows you to vary time, distance, and shielding to ensure ALARA
- A generator yield calculator that gives accurate estimates for Mo-99/Tc99m generators by default, and lets you manually enter half-lives and branching ratios to work with less common generator systems
- A dose volume calculator that allows you either to quickly determine what volume needs to be drawn from a kit of given activity for each of the day's doses, or the amount of activity required at time of kit preparation to have enough to supply the day's doses
- A pediatric dose calculator, allowing for simple calculation of pediatric doses following the SNMMI's Image Gently(R) guidelines
- A radioactive iodine uptake (%RAIU) calculator, which is able to handle US or metric units and the decayed dose or standard dose methodology
- A simple, but handy,unit converter, allowing easy switching between US and metric measurements
- Tables of constant values, including half-lives, primary emissions, and exposure constants for many nuclides that are commonly used in NM
All calculators support the most commonly used nuclides in nuclear medicine.
If there is a feature or nuclide that you'd like to see, please leave a comment. As you'll notice, this an early version, so the interface is still quite basic; any feedback as to how it could be improved would also be greatly appreciated. Expect more polished versions soon!
Please note: this app is not meant to replace the expertise and experience of a qualified nuclear medicine technologist, radiologist, medical physicist, or NM protocol, but rather to complement and facilitate them. Do not use this calculator in patient-critical applications without verifying the calculations; while some effort has been taken to ensure the reliability of the calculators, they have not been formally validated. By installing and opening the app, you freely absolve the author of any responsibility in the case of any incident that may arise from the use or misuse of the app.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.