Being teachers and having young children of our own, we struggled to find a 3-6 age reading app that ticked all the boxes so we decided to write our own. We discovered from other parents with young kids that, like us, they wanted an app that had:
- no in-app purchases
- no adverts
- nothing locked
- didn't need internet connection
- accessible to young children
- encouraged independent reading
- helped pre-school kids to get a head start with learning the sounds of all the letters
As well as the first reader story with 10 colour-in illustrations, Read & Colour has the additional functionality of tap the sound, sound practice, shape practice and tap to read common words.
Read and Colour
- toggle between tap to read words or tap to read sounds
- 10 illustrations to colour
- read and colour remembers how each drawing was coloured
- children press the buttons to hear the sound of the letter, helps them to associate the two
- allows children to practise reading a word and then tapping it to see if they are right
Tap the Sound
- the child is asked orally to tap a particular sound. Tap the correct one and get a well done!
- this feature is designed to help children become familiar with the sounds of the letters of the alphabet and how to write them.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.