This app is 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If you have any technical problems or if the app does not meet your expectations for any reason, please contact the developer at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on solving the problem or getting a refund. Please feel free also to contact the developer before making a purchase if you have any questions about the app.
This app provides decoding support for over 5,000 words, including what are sometimes called “sight words.” The app also guides parents to finding books that their readers will enjoy, matched to their interests and skill levels, to help build a love of reading. Videos of how the app works are available at www.sharpcuriosity.com.
The Sharp Curiosity Reading Machine gives young readers new power and gives parents and teachers a new tool for raising great readers. Now kids can spend more time reading without getting stuck on any words, as they teach themselves to read with real books, or with words from anywhere in their world. When children come to a word they don’t know, they type it in the Reading Machine. The Reading Machine doesn’t just tell them the word: first it shows them how the letters and sounds go together, so they can try figuring it out themselves.
• Created by learning scientists, parents, and a national expert on children’s reading development, the Reading Machine is like a secret decoder for unlocking printed words. Use it paired with real books – books you already own or books you’ve borrowed from the public library. Or use it on the iPad alongside e-books or web pages.
• Great for early or struggling readers.
• Lets you have more fun reading with your child because your child can use the Reading Machine to figure out words instead of having to ask you for help.
• Best for children who already know the sounds that go with each letter and can read some words, but still need help reading sentences and books.
• Comes with full decoding and phonics support for all the words in over 120 well-loved early reader titles. Older readers can even use the app with the first chapter of Harry Potter.
• The app provides lists of suggested titles (“Book Sets”) for readers with different interests and skill levels. This is a great guide for finding books your reader will enjoy. These books are easy to find for free at your public library. Or head to your favorite bookstore.
• All the words in over 125 books, listed in the Book Sets, have phonics support provided by the app, with clear pronunciation recorded by a natural, human voice.
• For any word not in the app’s dictionary, readers can hear the whole word pronunciation with text-to-speech voice. So they are never stuck on any word.
• Among the words that have phonics and decoding support are the 300 most frequent words in the English language, which cover 65% of all English reading material. Many of these words are often called “sight words.”
• When new Book Sets and new words are available for the app, they can be downloaded for free from within the app.
For more info and videos, see http://www.sharpcuriosity.com
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.