This game exercises abstract reasoning - don't worry! that's something humans are great at.. the ability to isolate and identify variation and then applying the principle to the next situation. Also called symbolic reasoning, it indicates how quickly a person can learn new concepts and their speed of judging categories.
Based on aptitude tests sometimes done at school, the Shape Lake game now allows a new generation to enjoy it as a game instead. Humans are exceptionally good at pattern-matching and enjoy logic, which is satisfying exercise for both young and mature minds.
It starts easy (2 years+) but gradually becomes more challenging - even for adults. Test to see how far your child gets at a certain phase in his/her development.
Use this game to watch out for your child's mental development. He/she might surprise you with what they can already do! The non-verbal aspects of recognising shapes go beyond identifying name-calling, recognising changes in size, colour and added detail involves diagrammatic reasoning. A child might be able to do this long before he/she cares about the correct name for a geometric shape.
Play this game to hone your ability to make fast decisions - analysing the pattern and then prioritising the correct answer over alternatives.
* Recognize similarities and differences between shapes
* Spot the developing patterns and use them to solve the next step in the series
* Test your child's ability to learn new things quickly and to adapt to them
* Practice analysis skills: critical thinking & categorisation
* Weigh up the most important elements while ignoring irrelevant / minor ones.
* NO ADVERTS
* NO IN-APP PURCHASES.
Four types of patterns develop:
1. Similarity: Recognise commonalities in e.g. shape, colour, detail, size, number of items, shading and rotation.
2. Sequence: Recognise the increase or decrease in size, number, shading, number of added details to select the next item in the series.
3. Alternation: Spot the short repeating pattern by deciding what remains the same and what changes.
4. Analogy: The king concept. Analyse the figures in the puzzle, recognise the link between two things, and then apply this same relationship to two other things.
In later levels, the mixing of similarities, sequences, alternating patterns and analogies presents a new situation each time.
* Reset the game when it gets too difficult for the age of the child.
* Calming classical music tracks to listen to whilst playing.
* Volume for both music and effects can be controlled.
* The movements and sounds entertains babies and especially cats!
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.