The Internet of Things (IoT) is the fastest growing technology market. Industries are embracing IoT technologies to improve operational expenses, product life, and people’s well-being. An architectural guide is necessary if you want to traverse the spectrum of technologies needed to build a successful IoT system, whether that’s a single device or millions of devices. This book encompasses the entire spectrum of IoT solutions, from sensors to the cloud.
- Access 524 pages of content 24/7
- Understand the role & scope of architecting a successful IoT deployment, from sensors to the cloud
- Scan the landscape of IoT technologies from sensors to the cloud
- See the trade-offs in choices of protocols & communications in IoT deployments
- Build a repertoire of skills & the vernacular necessary to work in the IoT space
- Broaden your skills in multiple engineering domains necessary for the IoT architect
With the advent of the Internet of Things comes a slew of new cyber threats. In this book, you’ll learn how to implement security solutions, develop IoT design best practices, and cover risk mitigation methodologies. You’ll begin by getting to know the IoT and how it can be applied in various industries, before delving into the security challenges associated with the IoT. Ultimately, you’ll receive a set of guidelines to architect and deploy a secure IoT in your Enterprise.
- Access 336 pages of content 24/7
- Learn how to break down cross-industry barriers by adopting the best practices for IoT deployments
- Build a rock-solid security program for IoT that is cost-effective & easy to maintain
- Demystify complex topics such as cryptography, privacy, & penetration testing to improve your security posture
- See how the selection of individual components can affect the security posture of the entire system
- Use Systems Security Engineering & Privacy-by-design principles to design a secure IoT ecosystem
- Know how to leverage the burgeoning cloud-based systems that will support the IoT into the future
ESP8266 is a low-cost WiFi microcontroller chip that has the ability to empower the Internet of Things and helps the exchange of information among various connected objects. This book will help deepen your knowledge of the ESP8266 WiFi chip platform and get you building exciting projects. You’ll start with an introduction to the chip by building a simple LED before learning how to read, send, and monitor data from the cloud. Before you know it, you’ll be completing more advanced projects and be ready to get creative with ESP8266.
- Access 226 pages of content 24/7
- Control various devices from the cloud
- Interact w/ web services, such as Twitter or Facebook
- Make two ESP8266 boards communicate w/ each other via the cloud
- Send notifications to users of the ESP8266, via email, text message, or push notifications
- Build a physical device that indicates the current price of Bitcoin
- Build a simple home automation system that can be controlled from the cloud
- Create your own cloud platform to control ESP8266 devices
This step-by-step guide will help you gain a deep understanding of the lightweight MQTT protocol. First, you’ll learn the specific vocabulary of MQTT and its working modes before installing a Mosquitto MQTT broker. Then, you’ll use best practices to secure the MQTT Mosquitto broker to ensure only authorized clients are able to publish and receive messages. As the book goes on, you’ll learn more advanced applications of MQTT and discover how to effectively control machines with multiple programming languages.
- Access 280 pages of content 24/7
- Understand how MQTTv3.1 & v3.1.1 work in detail
- Install & secure a Mosquitto MQTT broker by following best practices
- Design & develop IoT solutions combined w/ mobile and web apps that use MQTT messages to communicate
- Explore the features included in MQTT for IoT & Machine-to-Machine communications
- Implement security best practices while setting up the MQTT Mosquitto broker
Creating basic IoT projects is common, but in this book you’ll go beyond the common, creating projects that can extract data from physical devices, thereby making decisions by themselves. You’ll explore basic statistics and various applied algorithms in data science and machine learning to accelerate your knowledge of how to integrate a decision system into a physical device. Here, you’ll build projects like a smart temperature controller, an autonomous mobile robot car, and much more.
- Access 258 pages of content 24/7
- Implement data science in your IoT projects & build a smart temperature controller
- Create a simple machine learning application & implement decision system concepts
- Develop a vision machine using OpenCV
- Build a robot car with manual & automatic control
- Implement speech modules with your own voice commands for IoT projects
- Connect IoT to a cloud-based server
This book is designed to introduce you to IoT and Raspberry Pi 3. It will help you create interesting projects, such as setting up a weather station and measuring temperature and humidity using sensors. You’ll learn how to leverage IoT to accomplish complex tasks like facial recognition using the Raspberry Pi camera module, AWS Rekognition, and the AWS S3 service. The book will provide a practical overview of IoT’s existing architectures, communication protocols, and security threats at the software and hardware levels.
- Access 248 pages of content 24/7
- Understand the concept of IoT & get familiar with the features of Raspberry Pi
- Learn to integrate sensors & actuators w/ the Raspberry Pi
- Communicate w/ cloud & Raspberry Pi using communication protocols such as HTTP and MQTT
- Explore the best practices to ensure the security of your connected devices
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.