Operating systems are the foundations on which our computers, mobile devices, robots, and countless other things run. They are hugely diverse and each offers unique features and suffers from unique drawbacks. Designed to emulate the companion textbook, Modern Operating Systems by Andrew S. Tanenbaum, this course gives you a hands-on view of all the functions within an operating system and their interrelationships.
- Access 17 lectures & 6 hours of content 24/7
- Explain the overall objectives & structure of any modern operating system
- Identify the differences & similarities between operating systems
- Describe the functions within an operating system & how they work together
- List what causes many operating system errors & crash conditions
- Explain how to effectively use the more advanced operating system features to improve productivity
- Choose which operating system approach best suits individual situations
This course combines both parts of a C Programming Bootcamp to move you from the absolute basics of C to more complex data types such as arrays, structures, and pointers using solid programming techniques. C is a high-level, general-purpose programming language that is ideal for developing firmware or portable applications. Because of its wide range of uses, it’s an infinitely valuable language to learn, and this course will get you up to speed.
- Access 38 lectures & 13 hours of content 24/7
- Learn the basics of C programming
- Utilize single & multi-dimensional arrays
- Program w/ structures
- Implement pointers through a thorough understanding of their use
- Manipulate character strings
- Program w/ C effectively
It’s no secret that learning to code can open up a whole new horizon of lucrative career opportunities, and there’s no time like the present to learn. In this course, you’ll dive into Java, one of the most universally used programming languages, and build a strong foundation in Object-Oriented Programming. Soon enough, you’ll be ready to take (and ace!) Oracle’s Java SE 8 Programmer Certification 1 exam.
- Access 31 lectures & 7.5 hours of content 24/7
- Create programs w/ a strong understanding of the Java paradigm
- Implement standard Java language constructs like if statements, loops, & switches
- Utilize arrays in Java
- Understand objects, classes, methods, inheritance, & scope
- Discover the basics of Object-Oriented Programming
In the second part of this 2-part Java course, you’ll delve into more advanced Java features like APIs, events, using databases, and much more. You’ll gain a more well-rounded, higher-level understanding of Java that you can translate into real job prospects. Plus, by the end of this course, you’ll have all the knowledge you need to ace Oracle’s Java SE 8 Programmer 1 Certification exam and further enhance your employability.
- Access 39 lectures & 9 hours of content 24/7
- Understand Java 8 enhancements like the new date/time API & lambda expressions
- Handle events in Java
- Implement interfaces, exceptions & assertions
- Utilize packages & use ArrayLists
- Understand abstraction, polymorphism, & encapsulation
Perl is a family of languages that borrow features from other programming languages including C, shell script, AWK, and sed to provide powerful text processing facilities. In this two part course, you’ll learn how to write scripts to automate tasks using the fundamental Perl building blocks. Once you’ve completed the basics, you’ll discuss file handles and tests, managing OS processes, and many more advanced topics.
- Access 25 courses & 12 hours of content 24/7
- Describe the fundamental data types for Perl
- Program w/ branching & looping constructs
- Input from the keyboard & output from the screen
- Utilize regular expressions w/ Perl
- Create & use functions
- Use loop & flow modifiers, access files w/ file handles, create formatted output, & more
- Manage operating system processes within Perl, manipulate strings, create hash files, & more
Python is a general purpose programming language that was explicitly designed to be highly readable, making it one of the ideal languages for beginner programmers. Despite the relative ease to learn, Python is an extremely powerful language, used in the creation of YouTube, Instagram, and Reddit, and commonly seen in machine learning, as well. Because Python has so many different uses, there are always many Python programming jobs available that pay very well. After this course, you’ll be well on your way to breaking into one of those jobs.
- Access 26 lectures & 6 hours of content 24/7
- Learn the basic structure of Python including Python’s data types & control flow constructs
- Write, debug & execute Python programs
- Describe & work w/ nested data types & exception handling
- Understand the basics of modules & object oriented programming in Python
- Use Python to work w/ files & the operating system
While it is one of the easier programming languages to learn, Python has such broad functionality that programs can rapidly escalate from beginner to advanced. This course confronts many of the advanced features of Python so you can enhance your Python knowledge and be eligible for more complicates, better-paying programming jobs. If you want to work in any programming field, you’re going to want to take this course.
- Access 26 lectures & 6 hours of content 24/7
- Write Python programs using complex data types
- Create object oriented programs in Python
- Use Python to create GUI programs
- Master regular expressions & threads in Python programs
- Build network programs in Python
- Work w/ SQL databases
- Extend Python programs w/ C code
With the advent of very effective and efficient real-time operating systems like FreeRTOS, programmers can take better advantage of real-time features while building Internet of Things devices. This course explores concepts of real-time and multi-tasking programming using FreeRTOS, helping you get close to the hardware performing hands-on lab exercises. Before you know it, you’ll know how to design reliable embedded devices for IoT and have an understanding of how multi-tasking operating systems lead to more robust, scalable, and maintainable designs.
- Access 14 lectures & 3.5 hours of content 24/7
- Describe the role of asynchronous interrupts & why they make device software difficult
- Discuss the basic structure & organization of small multi-tasking operating systems
- Identify the structure & organization of Free RTOS
- Design, code, & debug device software using the Eclipse IDE
- Partition device software to most effectively utilize an operating system
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.