WinSleep is a Windows utility that helps save your money by keeping your computer asleep when it’s not busy.
- Keeps your computer asleep (while not too busy) as much as possible during periods you specify.
- Provides a detailed time-line graph showing when your computer was awake, asleep, or hibernating.
- Provides convenient Sleep and Hibernate buttons for manual use when desired.
- Shows the current CPU/Disk/Network usage percentages for your computer.
- Saves money! A typical desktop uses 250 watts of electricity when awake, but only a few watts while asleep. Power companies (in the US) may bill at say 10 cents per kWH. This is .25 kWH @ 10 cents = 2.5 cents/hr you are saving while asleep. Say WinSleep sleeps your computer for half the day; this is $.30/day = $109.50 per year. The more you sleep, the more you save. (We didn’t even count the power consumption of the computer monitor here.)
- Helps prolong the life of your desktop computer. Your disk drive is not spinning, motherboard is not powered, fan is not running (and accumulating dust inside the computer casing), and your monitors are in standby mode.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.