If you are a Windows, Mac, or web software/app developer or work for a company that develops Windows, Mac, or web software/apps and you want to sell your software/apps on SharewareOnSale, then you have come to the right place; if you partner with us, we will help grow your brand awareness and advertise your products for free.
WHY PARTNER WITH US?
Why would you want to partner with us? The reason is simple: absolutely free marketing. We have over 240,000 daily subscribers who connect with us via email newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, and RSS feed. By partnering with SharewareOnSale, you advertise your products to tens of thousands of people — with absolutely zero cost to you! We help you get the best bang for your marketing buck and help free up money that you can use elsewhere instead of marketing.
On top of that, research has shown a customer is more than three times more likely to purchase a product from a company whose product they have used before. In other words, you are selling your software at discounts on SharewareOnSale but the people who purchase your products from SharewareOnSale are more likely to purchase your other products in the future.
On top of that, running a promotion SharewareOnSale does not affect your regular sales because of the time-limited aspect of our sales. In fact, because of our heavily discounted model, we earn you customers who may not otherwise purchase at regular price. In other words, we expand your customer base.
TYPES OF COOPERATION
We are a free marketing platform with the goal of increasing your brand awareness and getting as many people as possible to use your products. The idea is not to generate sales; any sales that are generated via our partnership is a plus. The idea is to generate buzz about you and your products, services, and company — to get people to know you, without you having to dedicate a marketing budget to us.
To do this, we utilize a unique giveaway+sale approach. The idea is to run a two-pronged promotion campaign, with the combined goal of increasing your brand and product awareness:
- Freebie giveaway of your product. This sale is a 24-hour, 48-hour, or 72-hour 100% discount (giveaway) of your product. You pay us no fees to participate in this type of sale. The freebie giveaway has special terms and conditions for the people who download: no free updates, no free tech support, home/personal use only, and must be downloaded/installed/registered (as applicable) before the freebie giveaway offer is over.
- Discounted sale of your product. This sale involves selling a limited number of licenses of your software at heavy discounts of 60% to 99% off, for up to one week (or less, if you want the sale to not be one week long). You pay us no fees to participate in this type of sale; the revenue from total sales is split between us and you. You are required to offer the same terms and conditions for discounted sales on SharewareOnSale as you would offer to regular customers. For example, if you regularly offer free upgrades, you must offer free upgrades when partnering with SharewareOnSale.
Our typical giveaway+sale promo consists of giveaway of product A with no free updates + sell product A at a discount with regular update policy. (However, we are open to doing other types of promos as well.)
We make this type of promotion successful by making the freebie giveaway offer:
- Have no free updates; people will have to pay if they want to update or upgrade to a new version when it is released
- Have no free tech support; people will have to pay if they want tech support
- Be for home/personal use only; anyone that wants to use for business, they will have to pay
- Must be downloaded, installed, and registered (as applicable) before the freebie giveaway offer is over; anyone that wants to install/reinstall/register after the freebie giveaway is over, they will have to pay
The discounted sale has no such restrictions. This way, people are introduced to your product with the freebie giveaway (without you having to spend money on advertising) but they also have incentive to pay for the discounted sale if they like your product.
Both the freebie giveaway and discounted sale are run together at the same time and offer users two different ways to get to know and use your products; the giveaway is the main driver of eyeballs and the real marketing tool while the discounted sale is a way to give people the ability to pay to get more than what the giveaway provides, allowing you to hook even more customers.
The time frame for each promo can be whatever you want, but we typically recommend giveaway of seventy-two hours and sale of one week.
Combined together, this will help fulfill your marketing goals — with zero cost to you: we don’t charge a fee for the giveaway and our commission on discounted sales is very small, meaning you don’t pay us anything if nothing sells.
All promotions are shared via our daily newsletter, which reaches over 240,000 people, and other social network channels. And, as an added bonus, you get two links to your website on each promotion page with one link being an unmasked dofollow link. The links and promotion pages are never taken down from our website, so you get residual traffic even after the promotion has ended.
Best of all, you don’t have to do any hard work; we handle all the legwork — we run your campaign(s) on our website using our system, you just have to provide us with some information which we will request from you.
HOW TO PARTNER WITH US
To partner with us, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject of “I want to partner with SoS” and a member of our staff will contact you as soon as possible.