Home Forums SharewareOnSale Deals Discussion 250 Handmade Icons Pack / Jun 8 2024

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago by George Gallagher.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ashraf
    Keymaster

Have something to say about 250 Handmade Icons Pack? Say it here!

Have suggestions, comments, or need help? Post it here! If you know of better software than 250 Handmade Icons Pack, post it here! If you know of issues with 250 Handmade Icons Pack, post it here! Share your knowledge with all of us. :-)

#22424358 Reply | Quote
    jb

Thank you they are lovely icons

It would be handy to have the licence file in the zip (for those who intend to use commercially)

#22425241 Reply | Quote
    S. Cargo

If you’re under the gun and need 250 hand drawn icons within the hour, and your pre-schooler is too involved with eating cereal and watching cartoons to help you out by drawing them… Then I’d say these will be more than adequate. Sure it will be difficult to tell exactly what many of them are supposed to be without the child’s narrative, but hey, they’re free so use your imagination. I would say they’re most definitely hand drawn, and they’re could certainly be icons, at least maybe when they grow up, but when you receive them, they’ll just be .pngs. There’s no license that comes with them stating they are ok for commercial use, but they are registered with Adobe, I just didn’t take the time to read everything. All in all, if you’re needing 250 hand-drawn b/w images and it’s ok if they look like your five year old did them, and you can convert a .png to a .ico then I’d say these will be perfect. If you’re wanting something with a little color, and maybe beyond 2 dimensional, there’s always the possibility of either downloaded them from somewhere else, or get creative and draw your own! Have some faith, I’m relatively sure you couldn’t do any worse….

#22429878 Reply | Quote
    Sebastián

lol, I bought this bundle for a few bucks on a website sometime ago and never received it. I still wasted my money but at least I got it now.

#22436187 Reply | Quote
    Mr.Dave

The “icons” are interesting, not sure if they’ll find a use. Would help if there was an overview PDF file that showed all the icons and their names, to make it easier to browse. Now every user needs to do that, so the effort went from 1 or 2 people spending an hour, to hundreds of users each spending that time. Description says it includes a commercial license, yet nothing is included except for a bunch of PNG files. Not even a description of how to convert them into actual icons, or even a list of recommended software to do that. These are what we called “Clip Art” back in my old Atari computer days!

I usually like the media, fonts, etc., that I’ve gotten from Eldamar. This one needs a bit more work. It’s not even listed on their website.

#22453787 Reply | Quote
    Mr.Dave

[@Mr.Dave] I was able to create a “contact sheet” in a PDF file.

Eldamar *should* have provided this. It contains thumbnails of all the icons, 6 columns by 8 rows, in several pages. Each icon has its filename under it. So if I want to find an icon quickly, I open the PDF file, find the one I want and see what it’s name is. Then I can find that file in ZIP file from Eldamar, and use it in another program. I like many of the icons, this makes them far easier to use.

To make the contact sheet file, I used Photo Commander 16 from Ashampoo. I had to extract all the icons to a folder (Photo Commander 16 doesn’t see ZIP files as folders). In Photo Commander, I navigated to the folder of icons and pressed Ctrl/A to select all (or go to lower left corner of window). Then I picked an action at top of screen. “Manage…”, “Create…” and “Print…” all have the same option in their menus to “Print a thumbnail sheet”. I picked an output folder, rows & columns, and either “Print to file” or used the “Microsoft Print to PDF” printer option (both worked well). Very quick. You may be able to get a free version of Photo Commander from Ashampoo site, or wait for it to be offered here. I don’t know if other free, paid or giveaway versions have the “Print a thumbnail sheet” option.

#22459025 Reply | Quote
    George Gallagher

[@jb] These are lo res black and white scribbles. Not much good to me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: 250 Handmade Icons Pack / Jun 8 2024