- This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Danielx64 4 months, 4 weeks ago.
Feb 1, 2017 at 12:03 am #7010817
Have something to say about 3StepIcon? Say it here!
Have suggestions, comments, or need help? Post it here! If you know of better software than 3StepIcon, post it here! If you know of issues with 3StepIcon, post it here! Share your knowledge with all of us. :-)Feb 1, 2017 at 5:27 am #7013567
The email and license key you entered are not valid. Please check your spelling and try again.Feb 1, 2017 at 5:37 am #7013667
Why are there so many down votes without a corresponding review? If there is something wrong with the program, I would like to know and I’m sure the developer would like to know as well. The rating system doesn’t work when people don’t use it properly.Feb 1, 2017 at 6:31 am #7014240
Ok, so I downloaded and installed it to test out anyway, and here are my thoughts:
1. The built-in library of glyphs is marginal. It’s not very large, but it is different from other libraries on the market for greater variation.
2. It does support transparent backgrounds.
3. The kerning of round edges is substandard and results in jagged edges.
4. The support of fonts is a plus, but the fact that you cannot insert a <CR> hurts that functionality.
5. The background supports color gradients, but not other images or text.
6. The largest ICO export is 256×256, in spite of it claiming to support 512 and 1024 sizes.
7. It supports importing images created in other software. This can help you overcome many of the other limitations.
Overall, it’s a decent addition to your icon-management software and I will probably keep it long-term.Feb 1, 2017 at 8:45 am #7015282
One more program which is not high DPI-aware. To have an idea what that means, have a look at this part of the interface. The activation box was similar : I had to paste the licence email without being able to see what I was doing. Please, developers : why don’t you follow Microsoft’s guidelines ?
Free is nice, but how does that help if the software is unusable to begin with ?Feb 1, 2017 at 5:21 pm #7017708
[@deimust22] The license and email work fine. Make sure you aren’t entering your own email address when registering.Feb 3, 2017 at 12:15 pm #7038675
Pardon my ignorance, but can this program create emoji s for use in chat rooms and social media, as well as icons? TnxFeb 4, 2017 at 12:52 am #7042296
Thank you,Ashraf!Oct 22, 2017 at 12:04 am #9211154
Well just went to get this deal and it expired already?