- This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 9 months ago by Julia.
Feb 9, 2017 at 12:03 am #7093112AshrafKeymaster
Have something to say about HippoEDIT? Say it here!
Have suggestions, comments, or need help? Post it here! If you know of better software than HippoEDIT, post it here! If you know of issues with HippoEDIT, post it here! Share your knowledge with all of us. :-)Feb 9, 2017 at 2:02 am #7094411Alex from HippoEDITGuest
Some introduction that may help:
- You can find a lot of information and already answered questions on HippoEDIT forum, and on HippoEDIT wiki (for example FAQ page)
- SharewareOnSale HippoEDIT edition can NOT run portable.
- If you are looking for some feature or a syntax highlighting for your favorite language, but cannot find it the menu, check available plugins: Tools->Options->Plugins (select needed in the list), available syntaxes on Tools->Options->Syntax Settings (check needed) or use Update Manager Help->Check for Updates. The easiest way to get needed syntax schema is to just open a source code file in the corresponding language – HippoEDIT will check by itself if syntax schema for it is available online and will download it for you.
- Comparison of the HippoEDIT with other text editors can be found on forum (not really up-to-date but better than nothing ;) )
- HippoEDIT has only English user interface.
- The license you get here with SharewareOnSale special offer is a FULL license. There are no limitations or differences to standard HippoEDIT license.
- If you bought HippoEDIT and did not get the license in 24 hours, maybe license email is caught by your spam filter. If you are sure it is not, leave a comment of forum, and I will send you the license in private message/li>
HippoEDIT: http://www.hippoedit.comFeb 9, 2017 at 6:36 am #7097467Harold WilsonGuest
Norton reports SONAR.Heuristic.158 malware in the HippoEditFeb 9, 2017 at 8:30 am #7098530Alex from HippoEDITGuest
This is a false positive.
See report from Virus Total against of 56 different antivirus programs:
None of 56 virus checkers reported a problem. Also Symantec (owner of Norton Antivirus).
BR, Alex.Feb 9, 2017 at 10:51 am #7099632Tran VuGuest
Why my virus software detected that an virus while installing?Feb 9, 2017 at 1:26 pm #7100670xiloleeGuest
Hi Alex and everybody. :-)
I’m not sure about the message I get in “view downloads” because currently I’m using Italian (and not English); it could be “This program is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer”.
No problems detected by Win10 defender, MBAM 2 free, EEK free, GSAM… SAS free needs a reboot to update itself, but it will probably report clean.
ClamAV on jotti and on virscan (but it reports clean on virustotal and metadefender) –> PUA.Win.Packer.Upx-27
Fprot on virscan –> W32/Felix:P:Unknown!Eldorado
By the way, some antiviruses show warnings on users’ machines, while in the web services they are reporting the submitted files as clean(if you used to check giveawayoftheday.com, you know them): AVG, AVIRA, AVAST, BITDEFENDER, KASPERSKY, NORTON/SYMANTEC.
Pados.hu TinyWall and Zemana antilogger/antimalware also show this behaviour.
Hope this helps.Feb 9, 2017 at 1:56 pm #7100837uGuest
Very good programmers editor, except for the Ftp module that I find useless.Feb 9, 2017 at 3:35 pm #7101321Alex from HippoEDITGuest
The reason may be, that ShareWareOnSale uses specialized, pre-registered installer, which is just released/build. So, very few people have used it (only ones downloaded it today from here), so Windows Smart Filter does not have statistics about it. With time Smart Filter will go away, as more people will install and date of the installer will be more mature.
BR, AlexFeb 9, 2017 at 3:36 pm #7101328Alex from HippoEDITGuest
[ @Alex from HippoEDIT]
NP, just disable the FTP plugin, and it will be not loaded and will not consume any resources ;)Feb 10, 2017 at 7:42 am #7116840JuliaGuest
Obviously an excellent editor but they’re not doing themselves any favours at all with their astonishingly ugly and amateurish icon. Not everyone takes pleasure in being visually assaulted by their development tools.