- This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 months, 1 week ago by Vovsoft.
Oct 5, 2020 at 12:03 am #16608682AshrafKeymaster
Have something to say about Network Alarmer? Say it here!
Have suggestions, comments, or need help? Post it here! If you know of better software than Network Alarmer, post it here! If you know of issues with Network Alarmer, post it here! Share your knowledge with all of us. :-)Oct 5, 2020 at 8:51 am #16611385Peter BlaiseGuest
Network Alarmer is a neat little one-trick-pony program, almost a proof-of-concept exercise to vie for a contract with Nest home sensors, or that a programmer developed for their own use.
I’m surprised that it’s at v3 with so little multi purposeness included, missing are
– NO Fahrenheit temperature ( so the sensor needs to report Celcius ? )
– NO choice or control of a local alarm on the computer running the program
– NO in-built ability to fire off an email as an alarm notice
– dependent on an external PHP script, we have to program our own alarm action, such as program an email script, or a sound to be played, or a screen message to be displayed, or to initiate another action on the computer that is running the program,
– can’t play an external batch file.
It does play an internal sound 4 times, like the sound of the emergency broadcast system, of all things.
So, I’d suggest addressing the list above for the next version of the software.
Take a look at Vovsoft’s offerings at [ https :// vovsoft. com/windows-software/ ] for some neat stuff, folks, the Vovsoft programmers are having a blast playing with doing odd jobs, some programs there are fun, and free.
Thanks for letting us explore this and share.
.Oct 5, 2020 at 11:22 am #16611889VovsoftGuest
[ @Peter Blaise] We initially developed Network Alarmer for an institution years ago, then decided to make it public. We have over 90 public apps now and we continuously try to improve them. Thank you for your message and great suggestions.Oct 6, 2020 at 5:51 am #16615273BeetzmeGuest
@Vovsoft Just to say that when I try to access Vovsoft.com, I am turned back by Heimdal Thor Agent security, as being unsafe.Oct 8, 2020 at 1:44 am #16622165VovsoftGuest
[@Beetzme] We contacted Heimdal Security, it should work now. Thank you for the information.Oct 10, 2020 at 11:09 am #16634224RickGuest
[@Vovsoft] Peter, Kudos for the great review and suggestions. And kudos to the programmers, for replying here. It is always nice to have the vendor’s input and to have a productive “back and forth”. Three thumps up! lolOct 10, 2020 at 11:15 am #16634256RickGuestOct 10, 2020 at 11:24 am #16634283David MescheloffGuest
Thanks, Peter Blaise, for another very helpful review, and more power to vovsoft for its response.Oct 12, 2020 at 1:23 pm #16645062VovsoftGuest
[ @Rick] You can replace C:\Program Files (x86)\VOVSOFT\Network Alarmer\alarm.wav