Version 2.0: http://youtu.be/gOsfo8or_0E
User Manual available in the Settings/About section in the app (located at the bottom of the Settings menu, which is accesible through the three-dot icon on the top right).
AmbiExplorer allows you to listen and explore ambisonic B-Format and UHJ audio files. It does it by decoding to stereo binaural or virtual microphones. You can decide were you want to be facing in the soundfield by moving a virtual 3D panner that lets you rotate and set the angles for either the virtual human head or the virtual microphones. The polar patterns for the microphones can be set ranging from omni-directional to bi-directional.
The positioning sensors in a phone or a Bluetooth tracking device can also be used for head-tracking. This can give you the option of attaching the sensing device to the top of your head or headphones and get a more realistic immersive 3D sound experience.
For any questions, suggestions or issues please email me (use the Developer's Send Email link below)
Important Compatibility Notes:
* This app currently requires Android version 4..0 or above and works better on recent devices with a powerful CPU.
* For the positioning feature using sensors, a device with accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer (compass) is required. If your device doesn't have these sensors this feature will be disabled.
* This app has been tested on recent high-end devices. It will very likely work on many more devices but please try to check as soon as you install so you can request a refund if necessary (Google gives a 15 minute time window only). Before requesting a refund try contacting the developer.
- First and second order B-Format and UHJ playback
- AmbiX and FuMa support.
- Optimized 1st order CIPIC HRTFs from the Ambisonic Toolkit www.ambisonictoolkit.net and LISTEN.
- Library management with export and import locally and online via .ambxp files (csv format)
- Geotagging, map and location aware playback
- Handles one 4 channel or split two stereo B-Format files and UHJ stereo files (wav, aiff, amb or ogg)
- Outputs to binaural, stereo virtual microphones or stereo UHJ
- Soundfield rotation and virtual mic positioning using a multitouch interface
- Use the device's orientation sensors or external Bluetooth devices for head-tracking Razor [ https://github.com/ptrbrtz/razor-9dof-ahrs/wiki/Tutorial ] and WitMotion JY901 attitude sensor [ http://www.wit-motion.com/english.php?m=goods&a=details&content_id=92 ]
- Offline export to wav or ogg files
- Audio file sharing (DropBox, SoundCloud, Google Drive, etc.)
- 5 band equalizer
If you are new to ambisonics.
Some external web resources:
What is ambisonics?
What is UHJ?
Download and share B-Format recordings:
Ambisonic recording used in the promo video by John Leonard and the Orfeo Trio
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.