The Dyslexia Screening and Testing App quickly and accurately lets users ages 7 to 70 who have not previously received intensive dyslexia-appropriate reading instruction screen themselves for signs of the thinking and processing traits associated with dyslexia.
The Neurolearning Dyslexia Screening Test App measures several key brain functions that underlie reading and spelling skills, and that work differently in individuals with dyslexia. It combines these measures with an assessment of current reading skills to determine the likelihood that the test user is experiencing challenges at school or work related to dyslexia. After the screening, users are provided with a detailed and individualized report of their results.
This report includes:
- A Total Dyslexia Score, which measures the overall likelihood that any problems they have with reading and spelling are related to dyslexia
- Six Dyslexia Subscale Scores, which measure the key brain processing functions that underlying dyslexia-related challenges
- Detailed and individualized recommendations outlining steps that can be taken to improve performance and limit challenges at school or work
- A detailed list of resources that can be used to implement the recommendations
- Recommendations on when further professional assessment is needed
Who should use the Neurolearning Dyslexia Screening App?
Students 7 or older who have not had previous reading training for dyslexia but who:
- Struggle to read, write, or spell
- Have siblings or parents with dyslexia or other learning challenges
- Read slowly or avoid reading
- Underperform their apparent ability and “can’t show what they know”
- Take longer to complete work or tests than expected
- Struggle more each year as the workload intensifies
- Received an unclear or confusing screening result at school
Adults up to age 70 who have not had previous reading training for dyslexia but who:
- Currently struggle with reading, writing, or speaking
- Underperform at work for unclear reasons
- Struggled in school but were never tested
- Have never enjoyed reading, read slowly, or struggle when reading aloud
- Have dyslexic children or grandchildren and recognize similar features in themselves
Neurolearning’s mission is to bring quality dyslexia testing within everyone's reach. For 20 years Drs. Brock and Fernette Eide have tested countless individuals with learning differences from all over the world in their Neurolearning Clinic in Seattle, Washington. They’ve also promoted better assessment and understanding of different learners through their influential books (“The Mislabeled Child” (2006) and the internationally best-selling book, "The Dyslexic Advantage" (2011)), and by the formation of the non-profit organization Dyslexic Advantage in 2012. In addition to their extensive clinical experience, the Eides are frequent invited lecturers at conferences and meetings around the world, have been visiting lecturers at leading schools of education including Stanford University and Hunter College.
In 2014 the Eides met pioneering technologist and entrepreneur Nils Lahr, and found that they shared a vision for bringing quality testing and recommendations for learning differences within everyone’s reach. From that meeting Neurolearning SPC was bornThe Dyslexia Screening Test App is the first result of their partnership.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.