Certainly you can spend endless hours poring over the minutiae of game development theory, but the only way to really learn is by doing. Throughout this course, you’ll walk through the process of building 5 games for various Apple devices, master use of Swift and SpriteKit, and finish your lessons having built real apps you can proudly publish for immediate usage.
- Learn to code by building games w/ 6 hours of content
- Create 5 games for iPad, iPhone & OS X
- Master using Swift & SpriteKit for iOS 9
- Make simple art for your game in Photoshop & Illustrator
- Configure the logic of your games
- Export your apps & publish them to the iTunes Store
- Build skills transferrable to future endeavors
If you’re serious about launching your own game development studio, you’ll need to navigate legal and business issues the likes of copyright disputes, disagreements over contract wording, and more. Avoid squandering your savings on exorbitant lawyer fees by learning to address these issues yourself. And for those especially sticky situations that really require lawyer consultation, you’ll learn tips and tricks for hiring the right person at a rate that won’t leave your wallet hurting.
- Navigate legal & business issues related to game development w/ 15.5 hours of content
- Write & negotiate your own contracts for clients
- Avoid losing clients due to intellectual property violations & more
- Save money on services you would otherwise outsource to a lawyer
- Understand when to consult w/ a lawyer, how to hire that person & how to negotiate for the lowest fee
- Learn to prevent legal problems & avoid lawsuits
Get premium game development instruction from a battle-tested pro. You’ll learn directly from a seasoned developer, diving into his tried-and-true game development process certain to turn your app idea into reality. Understand how to use the SpriteKit graphics software, GameplayKit framework, and Xcode environment to build functional games, and supplement your technical skills with marketing techniques to accrue a robust user base.
- Make impressive games using Swift w/ 9.5 hours of content
- Master SpriteKit, GameplayKit & Xcode to manipulate provided source code
- Learn the instructor’s 10-step game development process
- Configure the physics of your game, craft a basic game architecture, etc.
- Set up the main menu, create a parallax background & more
- Research your competition
- Craft & execute a marketing plan to bring in real customers
Remember that 2048 game that had everyone addicted to their phones, swiping numbers every which way? Take a peek into what’s under the hood. Dive into use of the Unity3D game engine and C# programming, and learn everything from how to write scripts to enabling functions like tracking and storing scores. You’ll end this course with a polished, working product, and having consolidated skills applicable towards any future programming projects.
- Clone the popular 2048 math puzzle game w/ 5 hours of content
- Master use of Unity3D & C#
- Add visual enhancements to your game, including animation of merging & moving tiles in your game
- Write scripts to track player scores, store high scores & more
- Fix bugs & review your code
- Finish the course w/ a polished product worth publishing to the App Store
- Master valuable skills transferrable to future programming projects
Learn how to use Unity3D, and you’ll have amassed some real game development firepower. You’ll be well-equipped to create both 2D and 3D games, playable on iOS, Oculus Rift, and many other popular platforms. Familiarize yourself with the C# programming language, and learn to easily navigate the Unity interface: you’ll soon be creating menus, enabling in-app purchases, and configuring leaderboards like a real champ.
- Build 6 games w/ over 33.5 hours of content
- Master coding in C# & using the Unity3D game engine
- Create menus, a loading screen, animations & more
- Play music in your games, create in-app purchases, craft Facebook sharing mechanisms, etc.
- Integrate interstitial & video ads to generate revenue
- Implement leaderboards & support multiple screen resolutions
- Submit your games to app stores for user download
- Understand the hybrid app development process
- Configure home & loading screens, on-screen controls, etc.
- Jazz up your games w/ sound, text, animations & more
- Publish to the iOS & Android platforms w/ the Intel XDK
How’s this for a twofer? Here, you’ll learn not only to utilize the Game Maker program, but also build a solid foundation from which to expand your general programming skills. You’ll be walked through the process of creating a maze game, and will master the nitty-gritty of using variables, if-else statements, for loops, and more—all highly technical concepts at face value, but nothing you won’t be able to handle.
- Develop games using the Game Maker Language w/ 3.5 hours of content
- Master GML fundamentals: change & customize themes, import sprites, etc.
- Utilize variables, if-else statements, for loops, arrays, etc.
- Set up a main menu, animate players, configure a game over screen, etc.
- Create a maze game by course’s end
- Understand concepts transferrable to future game development & programming projects
Get with the times, and learn to program for Android’s latest operating system version. Master the art of creating games for Marshmallow by creating 5 real-world apps, diving into material design principles, implementing ListViews, and more. By course’s end, you’ll be able to create apps for both smartphones and wearables, ready to be downloaded by legions of eager users.
- Create 5 real-world Android M apps w/ 15 hours of content
- Learn or review introductory Java concepts
- Master & implement material design principles
- Utilize & implement ListViews, databases, wear cards, etc.
- Use Google’s main APIs during the app development process
- Create wearable apps using the Wearable API
Add Corona SDK to your coding arsenal—a powerful platform that will expedite app development for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Kindle. You’ll utilize Corona’s API library to build your game’s architecture, integrate ads, and much more, going from idea to published app in less time than it takes you to say “Corona SDK” three times fast.
- Develop a mobile game using Corona SDK w/ 5.5 hours of content
- Set up your game, configure its physics, build a pause button, etc.
- Generate revenue from your games w/ ads
- Source & integrate free game art and music
- Understand best practices for app store optimization (ASO)
- Easily publish your game on iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, etc.
- Understand how to use arrays, functions & methods
- Draw & animate within a canvas
- Utilize conditional statements: if/else, Boolean, etc.
- Master use of loops & events
- Consolidate your skills w/ a final challenge: creating a multi-level game
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.