Unlike other scanning apps, this one runs entirely on your Android device without needing a network, so there are NO data charges or network delays whatsoever, and the IDs you want to read are NOT uploaded to any server unless you explicitly choose to do so.
IDReader is the first ID card reading application designed and optimised for mobile devices, providing single-click capture and accurate results within seconds. It works well in a wide range of lighting conditions, supports oblique angles, can read partially damaged cards, and can perform recognition across a broad spectrum of distances and sizes.
IDReader also simplifies logistics operations. Many companies and authorities now accept ID cards as proof of delivery. However, it is inconvenient and error prone to manually transcribe the lengthy combination of letters and digits on these IDs, and photographic transmissions involves delays and inaccuracies.
Our IDReader solves these problems with a single click.
Furthermore, IDReader provides instant feedback to the user through an automated colour coded confidence measure to ensure that ID cards are scanned in focus and recognised accurately.
The 'basic' version of IDReader provides slightly lower capabilities and accuracy than the 'full' and 'pro' versions. There is also a very short delay before recognition results are displayed to the user (other versions do not have this delay). To upgrade or enquire about volume licensing deals and other deployment options, or to hear about the wide range of other image recognition solutions offered by Imense Ltd., please email firstname.lastname@example.org and visit our website.
(1) Hold your Android device horizontally, making sure the camera is not obscured. Try to hold the ID card steady or place it on a flat surface and line it up such that the ID string is roughly positioned within the bottom red focusing rectangle. The focusing box serves as a visual guide to make it easy to get perfect results.
(2) Tap the camera icon on the screen to take a picture of the ID string. IDReader will analyse the image you took and recognise and display the ID string. The ID will be displayed in green (high confidence), amber (medium confidence), or red (low confidence). A low confidence might indicate that the image was out of focus or that lighting was insufficient for the camera to capture a good image. In that case, simply hit 'return' and take the image again. There is also a button and settings option to make use of the flash or torch light if your device has one.
(3) You can then tap the ID string to edit it or copy and paste it into another application. To copy the ID to the clipboard, swipe it with your finger and then select 'Copy to clipboard' from the context menu.
(4) If you would like the ID to be uploaded to a a server for logging or verification, then simply hit the 'Verify' button. The URL for ID upload and an optional user name and label (tag) can be configured via the 'Settings' menu.
(5) To take a new image, simply press the 'back' button on your Android device.
(6) If you'd like IDReader to save each image that it recognises to your SD card, then please go to the 'Settings' menu and check the option 'Save images to SD card'. Images will be written to your SD card using file names of the form 'ID_date_time.png'. The 'Settings' menu can be accessed by pressing the menu button on your Android device or by selecting it from the activity bar.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.