When Dream Theater's keyboard wizard teaches a course about rock & pop harmony, it's time to pay attention. Dive into this exclusive, example-filled course by musician extraordinaire, Jordan Rudess!
This course, shot on location in Jordan Rudess' private studio, takes you deep into the world of modern harmonic progressions. Jordan explains the theory while demonstrating the construction of various kinds of chords and their relationship to baselines, melodies and motifs as he takes you deep into the fundamental architecture of cutting edge pop/rock harmonies.
Jordan is a brilliant teacher and he generously shares his vast knowledge gleaned from years of performing and collaboration with the best musicians on the planet. Whether you play keyboards, guitar, bass or compose songs or dance music, you will find that the musical ideas demonstrated in this harmony course will inspire you to break out of your comfort zone and experiment with a new kind of harmonic language.
Shot in multi-cam, with lots of closeups of Jordan's hands and with onscreen, notated, musical exercises, this course is designed for every musician from beginner to advanced. The exercises are also available as a downloadable PDF resource file directly from the link at the top of this page. So sit back, explore and enjoy learning the harmonic universe of interplanetary rock wizard Jordan Rudess!
• Add your own notes to individual tutorials.
• View the outline and jump to any tutorial while playing video or from the Home screen.
• Mark your favourite tutorials.
• Take your learning experience full screen.
• Hide or show the tutorial outline whenever you want.
Table of Contents:
1. Intro (01:35)
2. The Single Line (01:09)
3. Introducing the 4th & 5th (01:39)
4. 5th & 4th as Used in Key (00:54)
5. 5ths & 4ths in Different Keys (01:06)
6. Exercise: 4ths & 5ths (01:56)
7. Exercise: Advanced 4ths & 5ths (02:05)
8. Dream Theater's Illumination Theory (01:31)
9. Intro to Major & Minor Chords (01:26)
10. Major & Minor Chord Inversions (01:15)
11. Exercise: Chord Inversions (01:52)
12. Chord Inversions – Different Keys (01:50)
13. The Relative Minor & Major Keys (02:19)
14. Exercise A: Chord Inversions & Voice Leading (03:51)
15. Exercise B: Chord Inversions & Voice Leading (01:34)
16. Chord Inversions Summary & Examples (00:46)
17. Practicing Chords in All Keys Exercise (03:05)
18. Close Voicings (02:04)
19. Changing Bass Over Repeating Motif A (01:00)
20. Changing Bass Over Repeating Motif B (02:02)
21. Motif in Improvisation A (00:36)
22. Motif in Improvisation B (02:49)
23. Minor Chords Over a Pedal Tone (03:05)
24. Major Chords Over a Pedal Tone (02:11)
25. Non-Diatonic Chords Over a Pedal Tone (01:30)
26. Pedal Tones in Dream Theater's About to Crash A (00:41)
27. Pedal Tones in Dream Theater's About to Crash B (01:44)
28. 4th Chords: Introduction (00:56)
29. 4th Chord: Explained (00:59)
30. 4th Chords in Key (01:12)
31. 4th Chord with the 7th (00:52)
32. Exercise: 4th Chord (01:40)
33. Chords Over Altered Bass (01:13)
34. Exercise: Chords Over Altered Bass (02:18)
35. Exercise: Chords / Altered Bass in Different Keys (01:23)
36. Options for Altered Bass (01:11)
37. Improvising: Altered Bass Concept (00:59)
38. Adding Tensions to Chords (01:42)
39. Dominant 13 Chord (01:22)
40. Combining the 9 & Dominant 13 Chord (01:27)
41. End (00:47)
(Cover photo of Jordan courtesy of Kayla Rudess)
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.