Unlike some other computer ballistic shooting programs, qBal is focused on simplicity. Just choose your ammo, your gun and weather parameters, and shoot ! With qBal, ballistic simulation is really simple to parametrize, and all tools for result analysis and key trajectory figures understanding are provided. An automatic shoot parameters optimization is realized, and gives you the zeroing range you have to set in order to get the best from your rifle and ammo.
qBal ballistic simulator offers highest level of precision available on shooting software market, by using a precise numerical equation solving method, called 4th order Runge Kutta. Main influence on the projectile, the drag effect, is modelized by the universally used G1 function, which is also used by all bullets manufacturers and represented by the well known ballistic coefficient (BC). Projectile trajectory equation also takes in account most important effects: wind and atmospheric conditions, as well as the gyroscopic drift.
Main features :
- Full external ballistics calculation, including trajectory, velocity, energy, time of flight, wind drift, and gyroscopic drift
- Setting of atmospheric conditions : wind, altitude, temperature
- Ballistic chart plotting for precise graph analysis
- Numerical ballistic table display with range cards sharing function
- Selection of projectile in a database of 3000+ commercial bullets, including centerfire and rimfire calibers, and airgun pellets
- Extremely precise computation, based on drag function and fine numerical equation resolution
- Calculation of optimal shooting settings for a given load and projectile : Maximum Point Blank Range, Near Zero Range / Far Zero range to reach it
- Units switching between US and metric systems. Projectile drop and wind drift can also be displayed as MOA (minutes of angle) or scope clicks