• Animated art guides – Tickles, Furnace, and Ruby – lead children through four fun and engaging cross-curricular lessons designed to enhance your child’s critical thinking skills and unlock their creativity and problem solving capability.
• 4 Lessons: Art as a Language, Messages in Art, Line, and Shape
• 8 'Creativity Builders' art projects give children hands-on experience using knowledge from each lesson. Two projects per lesson, the topics range from creating your own language to creating model sculptures.
• A ‘Parents’ page detailed guide to each Creativity Builders project including objectives, vocabulary, materials and procedures.
• Idea Gizmo to jump-start your child’s imagination and creative thinking skills.
• Doodle Gizmo -A fun, easy-to-use drawing and painting program for your mobile device.
• Comprehensive Glossary of art terms and definitions
Have your child Start With Art through these lessons:
• Art as a Language: Art is a visual language, used universally for self-expression. Learn what it means to communicate through art and follow the notable work of Leonardo da Vinci.
• Messages in Art: Artwork tells a story using emotions, feelings and pictures. Learn to ask questions when viewing art and discover the meaning of Michelangelo's illustrations on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
• Line: An important tool for artists, lines can convey direction, emotion and action. Edgar the mouse demonstrates how each of style of line can have a different meaning, and demonstrates how children can use this technique in their own artwork.
• Shape and Form: Forms are often represented with shapes. Use your knowledge about lines to create shapes. Try to identify a form by looking at its silhouette in notable artwork.
Recommended for ages 7-97
No user ID tracking
Meets the National Standards for the Visual Arts.