Taskbar puts a start menu and recent apps tray on top of your screen that's accessible at any time, increasing your productivity and turning your Android tablet (or phone) into a real multitasking machine!
On devices running Android 7.0 (Nougat), Taskbar can also launch apps in freeform windows for a PC-like experience! No root required! (see below for instructions)
Taskbar is also fully supported on Chrome OS - use Taskbar as a secondary Android app launcher on your Chromebook!
Featured on PhoneArena, Liliputing, AndroidHeadlines, XDA-Developers, Android Police, 9to5Google, Tested, Android Community, All About Android, Android Authority, AddictiveTips, Lifehacker, WonderHowTo, and Computerworld!
• Start menu - shows you all applications installed on the device, configurable as a list or as a grid
• Recent apps tray - shows your most recently used apps and lets you easily switch between them
• Collapsible and hideable - show it when you need it, hide it when you don't
• Many different configuration options - customize Taskbar however you want
• Pin favorite apps or block the ones you don't want to see
• Designed with keyboard and mouse in mind
• 100% free, open source, and no ads
Freeform window mode (Android 7.0+)
Taskbar lets you launch apps in freeform floating windows on Android 7.0 (Nougat). No root access is required. Android 8.0 (Oreo) is also supported via an adb shell command.
Simply follow these steps to configure your device for launching apps in freeform mode:
1. Check the box for "Freeform window support" inside the Taskbar app
2. Follow the directions that appear in the pop-up to enable the proper settings on your device
3. Go to your device's recent apps page and clear all recent apps
4. Select an app using Taskbar to launch it in a freeform window
For more information and detailed instructions, click "Help & instructions for freeform mode" inside the Taskbar app.
This app uses the Device Administrator permission. This app uses Accessibility services.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.