Important note: It is recommended that you enable the following 3 permissions for Bird Jar to work properly: "Location" (used as a default for bird sighting locations that you create), "Microphone" (used for recording bird audio), and "Storage" (used to store your bird photos, audio, and bird list backups and exports).
View the Bird Jar FAQ here: http://firsttrees.homeip.net/BirdJar/jsp/faq.jsp
- Over 10,600 bird species are included in the listing (all known bird species, per the IOC World Bird List v 6.2).
- This is not intended to be a bird identification app, however photos or illustrations are provided from the Bird Jar webserver for over 1300 birds. Many images of North American and European birds are included.
- Filter birds from the following regions: North America (Alaska, Canada, Greenland, and the lower 48 United States), Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia/Oceania/Pacific Ocean (including Hawaii), Southern Atlantic Ocean, and the Indian Ocean.
- You may filter on one or more regions, or show all world birds.
- Browse all birds by bird family.
- Quickly view bird family counts, as well as your life list counts per bird family.
- View all your recent sightings.
- Search for birds, bird families, and sighting locations.
- View bird conservation status.
- Perform a Web Search on each bird, which gives you internet search results for a bird's photos, songs, range maps, and Wikipedia entry. (Requires network connection.)
- Record bird sightings by date and location, including bird count. (Note: at the present time, it is highly recommended that every so often you perform a "backup and email" of your data, via the Settings page. This will ensure that you can restore your data if you ever lose or upgrade your device. See http://firsttrees.homeip.net/BirdJar/jsp/faq.jsp#faq17 for details. As of version 1.5, Bird Jar automatically backs up your data to Google's cloud service, so that it will be automatically restored upon re-installing Bird Jar on a new device.)
- Record unidentified bird sightings.
- Take or import photos, and make bird call recordings. These can then be viewed either on the bird details page, or all at once on the Photos and Recordings page.
- Enter notes.
- View all sightings by date and/or location.
- Save custom sighting locations.
- Save birds to custom categories.
- View your Life List checklist.
- Most views have customizable sort and filter options.
- View sighting maps.
- Email a bird sighting report.
- Export bird sightings to the eBird record format (which can then be imported into the eBird web application).
- Backup and restore your bird sighting data.
For any questions, issues, or requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you intend to use Bird Jar on multiple devices, be aware:
1. Separate devices will not auto sync.
2. To get data from one device to another, you may perform a backup on one device and then transfer the backup file to the other device to restore it.
3. Very Important! If you make any change on a particular device, that device's Bird Jar data will be automatically uploaded to Google's app data server. Then, the next time you perform a new install on a device, this data will automatically be brought down into Bird Jar. Only one copy of data will ever exist on the Google servers, so if you have 2 devices with Bird Jar installed on each device, making a change in Bird Jar will upload *that* device's Bird Jar data to the Google server, replacing the Bird Jar data that is stored on the server. For this reason, it is recommended that you use Bird Jar on only one device at a time.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.