Important: This is a downloaded, offline app. The application is a single edition only; to stay updated it is recommended to purchase the forthcoming editions as they are revised twice yearly.
• A powerful search
• Bookmarks, History and Highlighting
• Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
• Notes and picture notes
Compiled with the advice of clinical experts and continually updated to reflect the latest evidence from credible sources worldwide, the new edition of the British National Formulary 73 (BNF) provides up-to-date guidance on prescribing, dispensing, and administering medicines. Access to the latest edition of the BNF is vital for healthcare professionals, as it reflects current best practice as well as legal and professional guidelines relating to the uses of medicines.
NICE has accredited the editorial process used by the British National Formulary to produce its resources.*
New content updates in the BNF 73 include:
• Updated guidance for conditions including anal fissure, coeliac disease, dementia, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, food allergy, multiple sclerosis and short bowel syndrome. New prescribing guidance for biological and biosimilar medicines.
• New drug monographs alirocumab, blinatumomab, brivaracetam, ceftobiprole, clevidipine, elvitegravir, isavuconazole, nivolumab and panobinostat.
• New safety information about fire risk with paraffin-based skin emollients on dressings and clothing and advice on minimising the risk of infections when being treated with idelalisib.
• Updated guidance on starting routine for oral progestogen-only contraceptives and the use of sodium glucose co-transporter 2 inhibitors as monotherapy for treating type 2 diabetes.
Improvements in the new edition:
Since the launch of the new format BNF we have actively sought your comments and feedback, and as a result have made the following improvements to this edition:
• Important safety information is displayed prominently within the monograph
• Class monographs (e.g. ACE inhibitors) are easy to navigate to from the individual monographs.
The BNF evaluates clinical evidence from diverse sources with information validated by a network of clinical experts and published under the authority of a Joint Formulary Committee.
Authors: Joint Formulary Committee
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Pharmaceutical Press, Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, Wiley, Elsevier and more.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.