The app is able to identify the positions for which you are having problems and helps you to correct these weaknesses by using an effective pattern of repetitions.
The concept is very simple and easy to use: you have to select and enter only one move for you own color (your move) and then enter all possible moves of your opponent in response to your move.
Please note this app is not a PGN viewer, it's a training tool. Many apps already exist to explore chess openings variants, but it's not the purpose of this app.
This app will rather help you to execute your opening plan. The perfect execution of this plan will give you a serious advantage against any opponent.
Before buying, try the free version:
A quick reference guide is available here:
♚ Ability to create folders and segregate openings in an organized way.
♚ Built-In chess engine (Stockfish) to help you find the best moves for your openings!
♚ Optionally resume playing against the chess engine when you reach the last position of an opening line.
♚ PGN files import (moves and comments), ideal chess book companion.
♚ Automatic identification of your openings using the encyclopedia of openings (ECO).
Several training modes possible.
♚ target weaknesses:
The computer simulates opponent moves based on your scores and targets your weaknesses.
♚ full coverage:
The computer simulates opponent moves sequentially and ensures to cover all possible paths of your repertoire.
The computer simulates opponent moves based on the probability of occurrence of each move during a game.
♚ flash cards:
The computer select random positions from your openings based on your weaknesses using the spaced repetition concept.
♚ Ability to backup your repertoire, restore it on another device, or share it with your friends !
Start training in just a few steps:
- Create an opening for White or Black that you want to include in your repertoire.
- Enter your best move manually for each position.
- Enter your moves automatically by importing a PGN database file (* see notes below).
- Use the chess engine to find the best moves for your openings.
- Enter opponent's most expected moves, and follow with your best move for each position.
- Optionally enter the probability of occurrence (low, normal, high) of each possible move of the opponent.
- Optionally enter a tag name (or comment) for a given position in order to help you memorize a position or a move to play during training.
- When you are ready, train against your repertoire.
- When you train, your score for the current position is displayed, giving you an instant snapshot of your success level for that position.
As you train, your good and bad moves are compiled and automatically saved.
Your personal rating score is displayed for each opening.
A rating score is also computed for each move of your repertoire, giving you an immediate picture of where your weaknesses are.
- A long press on the chessboard will copy the FEN to the clipboard.
1) PGN import is limited to 8 moves per game in free version
2) The program Stockfish is responsible for the intelligence of the chess play and can be found here:
The Chess Repertoire Trainer user interface and the Stockfish chess engine are strictly separated.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.