- A text mode listing all objects (more than 100 famous double and another 100 variable stars included) with different sorting options, and with a push-to function when the text mode is selected during the live view. With the device firmly holded on top of a telescope you can locate one object after another in non computerized telescopes. You only need a previous alignment with one object, planet, or star not too far (30 degrees around is fine, depending on the accuracy of the sensors). The device can be holded in an arbitrary orientation, although in that case you will need to search in a list for the object to align to (there's an option for that).
- Text mode allows to take observing notes or create lists of favorites.
- The main menu will show a torch option, useful as an aid when observing the night sky, or to take flat shots in astrophotography when using tablets.
- VR 3d mode (virtual reality) available, showing the live sky in 3d in SBS (side by side) mode for your VR glasses. Stars (and other objects) will appear in 3d depending of their distances!
- More complete list of the next main astronomical events (lunar-X, neomenia, among others), events of natural satellites (transits, shadows, eclipses and mutual events in Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus moons, and next transits of exoplanets), and artificial satellites events (transits above the observer, transits on top of the solar or lunar disks, and on the planets, and Iridium flares).
- Alerts of SN and nova events in the news option. From this option you can also download several external catalogs.
- High resolution textures. SDSS images can be downloaded for any position and used offline, like star fields up to magnitude 16. The details for comets will show their orbits, as well as for many double stars.
- The great accuracy of ClearSky can be very useful in ancient arqueoastronomy, since planets are shown up to year +/- 3000, and sky can be simulated up to year +/- 200 000, including the change in the shape of the constellations due to the proper motions of the stars.
- Magnitude limits enhanced to 16! in both stars and deep sky objects. Network is required to reach magnitude 16 in stars, but only the first time a given field of interest is downloaded. Very limited disk space occuped.
- More bodies: recent or past SN and nova, transneptunians, radiosources. Solar spots on the Sun at any date.
- Trajectories of bodies in horizontal (acimut vs elevation) or ecuatorial (right ascension vs declination) systems. The horizontal system will create analemma charts for the Sun.
- More options: custom catalogs, J2000 coordinate system, screenshot function, field of view of your telescope on screen, polar alignment aid (see help document), sky from other bodies, web search function solving sources not included (or present with other names) in ClearSky, current astronomical parameters (Julian day, sidereal time, date in other calendars, and many others).
- A Trivia game with more than 360 questions to test your astronomy knowledge.
The complete version of ClearSky is useful for amateur astronomers using telescopes. By supporting the app you will have access to new features. Telescope control (both wired and wireless by using a desktop version of ClearSky) is one of them.
Privacy note: this app requires a permission to use the camera in the device, if present. The camera is only used to trigger the flash to use it as a lantern, no picture is taken by the app. Anonymous statistics are collected with Google Analytics, but they can be disabled in the interface section of the configuration.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.