Data structures and algorithms? They’re standard Computer Science 101 topics, and ones you’ll master in this course. You’ll learn how common data structures organize information so it can be used efficiently, how algorithms work to manipulate this data, and more. Though this course is tailored to the Java programming language, you’ll emerge from it with a deep understanding of how any computer program works.
- Master data structures & algorithms w/ 11 hours of content
- Visualize common data structures & the algorithms applied to them
- Identify & apply which data structure or algorithm is optimal for a particular situation
- Calculate the time & space complexity of code
- Use the Big-O notation to perform complexity analyses on algorithms
- Understand how linked lists work
- Build a stack w/ Java, construct a queue, etc.
Master the model-view-controller (MVC) view, and developing complex apps will be a breeze. This design pattern separates the code of different parts of an app: that which respectively handles the logic for app data, data display, and user interaction. You’ll be able to focus on one aspect of development at a time, simplifying everything from building to testing your app and much more.
- Fully understand the Model-View-Controller (MVC) paradigm w/ 3 hours of content
- Learn about the Observer & Command Design patterns at the heart of modern UI programming
- See how MVC is used in Java, both in the Swing GUI widget toolkit & JavaFX software platform
- Implement event & menu handling using the Observer & Command design patterns
- Identify how MVC manifests itself in different UI programming use cases
- Understand how Properties & Bindings work
Take your Java skills to new heights by mastering three powerful features: reflection, annotations, and lambdas. You’ll be able to apply code that can inspect other code in the same system, utilize metadata to learn about a program’s properties, or craft blocks of code that you can calibrate to execute later–all tasks that will make you a more efficient, effective programmer than you thought possible.
- Master use of the Reflection, Annotation & Lambda features w/ 2 hours of content
- Know when it’s appropriate to use reflection
- Use custom & built-in annotations to provide data on your code
- Use lambda functions to simplify your code & reduce bloat
- Chain together aggregate operations & lambda functions to benefit from powerful functional programming features available in Java
Java seems an appropriate name for a language that seems so dense, you may need a cuppa joe after 10 minutes of self-study. Luckily, you can learn all you need to know in this short course. You’ll scale the behemoth that is object-oriented programming, mastering classes, objects, and more to conquer a language that powers everything from online games to chat platforms.
- Learn Java inside & out w/ 7 hours of content
- Master object-oriented (OO) programming w/ classes, objects & more
- Understand the mechanics of OO: access modifiers, dynamic dispatch, etc.
- Dive into the underlying principles of OO: encapsulation, abstraction & polymorphism
- Comprehend how information is organized w/ packages & jars
Add some serious firepower to your Java skills with multithreading, or the simultaneous execution of multiple tasks in the same program. Implement multithreading, and it’s like you’re putting multiple CPUs to work executing those tasks in your program. This is a powerful tool to amp up the performance of any program without completely draining precious computing resources.
- Master Java multithreading w/ 2 hours of content
- Fully understand the importance of threading in modern computing
- Master the basics: threads, processes, shared memory & inter-thread communication
- Dive into old-school Java threading: Runnable & Thread objects
- Delve into new-age threading: Callable & Future objects, executors, etc.
- Fully understand Java semantics
- Walk through a case study on double-checked locking & the singleton pattern
Why reinvent the wheel when writing code? Meet the design pattern–a best practice applicable to a general problem that developers have faced during the development process. You’ll learn about 24 design patterns applicable to Java, including the MVC paradigm, observer pattern, and more, to really take your coding efficiency to the next level.
- Dive into Java design patterns w/ 12 hours of content
- Identify situations that call for the use of a Design Pattern
- Understand each of 24 Design Patterns: when, how, why & why not to use them
- Distill the principles underlying Design Patterns, and apply these in coding and in life, whether or not a Design Pattern is needed
- Spot programming idioms that are actually built on Design Patterns, but that are now hiding in plain sight
If JavaFX and Swing aren’t in your development toolbox, they should be. These graphical user interface libraries are powerful tools that will expedite UI design in your Java applications. Think buttons, bar charts, date pickers, and more–any features that users will use to interact with your app.
- Build sophisticated user interfaces in Java w/ 12 hours of content
- Master use of the JavaFX & Swing GUI libraries
- Utilize UI-building techniques & tools: menus, trees, buttons, tables, etc.
- Use Scenebuilder & FXML to effortlessly create UIs w/ dependency injection
- Utilize properties & bindings
- Draw shapes & nodes, render 3D images & animations, etc.
- Understand the design patterns that underpin nearly all modern UI frameworks
Java is undoubtedly one of the most important programming languages out there, and learning it doesn’t have to be a chore. This course will have you up to speed in no time, covering programming basics applicable to all languages, Java fundamentals, and much more.
- Master the fundamentals of Java: data types, variables, constants, etc.
- Understand the principles of object-oriented programing
- Utilize conditional tests & operators, arrays & collections, loops, etc.
- Delve into advanced topics: enumerated types, interfaces & scope
- Use generics & exceptions to detect bugs & handle errors
- Handle files & serialize objects
Delve into this powerful general purpose programming language to understand a technology that powers much of the Internet–games, online chat features, and more. You’ll master everything from Java syntax to general object-oriented programming principles, and will establish a solid Java programming foundation by course’s end.
- Get an overview of Java fundamentals w/ 4 hours of content
- Become comfortable w/ Java syntax: variables, objects & classes, and more
- Utilize strings & arrays, methods, and more
- Master object-oriented programming concepts: inheritance, abstraction, etc.
- Dive into advanced Java principles: data structures, collections & more
- Efficiently write Java code by the end of your lessons
Conclude your Java journey with this comprehensive course on Java 8. With hundreds of lectures spanning everything from setting up your programming environment to utilizing loops, arrays, and methods, you’ll be certain to achieve complete Java mastery by the time the clock winds down on the final seconds of your last lesson.
- Learn Java 8 inside & out w/ 20 hours of content
- Understand the history of the Java language & how it functions
- Install the Java SDK to set up your programming environment
- Delve into the basics of Boolean & integer data types
- Master use of different operators: arithmetic, unary, etc.
- Utilize loops in Java: if-else, for-loop, etc.
- Implement object-oriented programming concepts: inheritance, polymorphism, etc.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.