Advanced tips and tools for safe computing — on and off the Web.
This eBook takes computing security to the next level. It starts with a quick review of security basics and then delves into advanced topics such as encryption, password recovery, and malware removal – important knowledge for anyone who wants or needs to keep sensitive information truly secure.
The internet can be a dangerous place. We think this security book, based on stories from the Windows Secrets archives, can help you make it significantly safer.
Table of Contents
- A basics refresher: the WS Security Baseline
- Protect your data
- Better data and boot security for Windows PCs
- Are password managers truly safe?
- Data-encryption alternatives to TrueCrypt
- Pre-encryption makes cloud-based storage safer
- Send email that only the recipient can read
- How to reset lost passwords for Windows
- Prevent and remove malware
- Two tips for removing malware
- Tweaking Windows to block CryptoLocker
- Shedding some light on security-cert warnings
- Mobile security: Apps to protect Android devices
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.