This dictionary, with over 175,000 Japanese words, 319,000 English definitions, and 24,000 example sentences, is an essential tool for Japanese linguists and serious students.
Search with Kanji, Kana or English keywords. The dictionary automatically detects which is being used. You can also change modes to enter English phonetic spellings for Japanese words. Dictionary entries are shown instantly when you touch a search word and display the Kanji (if there is a Kanji form), kana, Romanized Japanese, English definition and parts of speech, example sentences and cross-references. Linguistics notes give context and additional information about the entries. Instantly jump to cross-references just by touching them.
The built-in Kanji Keyboard works for all 5604 Kanji used in the dictionary. The keyboard works seamlessly with your favorite Japanese keyboard and is completely visual. Just pick out which visual elements are in the Kanji. As you touch each element, the keyboard adapts to show you only the minimum set of elements that are needed next. Most unknown Kanji can be found by touching only 1 – 3 elements. By far the fastest and easiest way to find unknown Kanji.
Dictionary entries can be tagged for future reference with bookmarks. Bookmark categories can be entered on the fly by creating tags. There is also a history list of past word selections.
• Offline, low storage requirement. No long or additional downloads.
• Over 175,000 Japanese words using 5604 Kanji, 319,000 English definitions, 24,000 example sentences in both Japanese and English.
• Enter Kanji, Kana or English keywords. Autodetects type of entry.
• Change entry modes with a long touch to enter phonetic English for Japanese. Word results displayed instantly as you type, with Kanji, kana and English for each word.
• Fast, reliable entry of unknown Kanji with built-in visual keyboard.
• Word entries shown instantly with a touch. Entries include Kanji, kana, Romanized Japanese equivalents, English definitions, parts of speech, example sentences, cross -references and linguistics notes.
• Instantly jump to cross-references with a touch.
• Bookmarks with category tags.
• History list of past entry selections.
This dictionary uses the EDICT and KANJIDIC dictionary files. These files are the property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, and are used in conformance with the Group's license.
The example sentences are from the updated Tanaka corpus file distributed by the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group. The Tanaka Corpus is currently maintained by Tatoeba and is used in conformance with the Creative Commons CC-BY license.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.