MycoIdent proposes an innovative fuzzy logic search engine to help identify mushrooms with pores or gills, generally much harder to identify than others.
Done with being lost in a determination key because of a barely visible character! Thanks to its simple and easy to understand questions, you'll quickly get a list of the most relevant candidates corresponding to your unknown mushroom.
Any doubt about the answer to give to one of the questions? a detailed help will guide you through with real examples... You don't know what to answer at all? No problem, the engine will do without!
It is even capable of taking into account potential mistakes you could make on the most complex criteria. For other more accessible mushrooms, classical identification keys will help you put a name on your mushroom to identify.
Mycoident is also an encyclopedia solely made out from material published by renowned experts of the field. It provides its own original material such as a descriptions of all species of the database (together with published references used), and when available, photographs of mushrooms identified by field experts, which will help you confirm your identification.
The revenues generated by this application will support a non-profit wildlife conservation association, recognised as promoting the public interest by the French authorities (http://www.cerf78.fr/).
-- Features --
- Identification of over 900 of the most frequent European mushrooms, whether with gills (amanitas, milkcaps, brittlegills...), or with pores (ceps, boletes...) or with other fertile surfaces (morels, puffballs...).
- Encyclopedia with descriptive sheets for all species, with a summary of distinctive features for most of them, with scientific names, authorities, look-alikes, edibility, synonyms, common names, and references used.
- keyword search in the database
- More than 800 original photographs, among which more than 600 different species.
- Opportunity to download a high resolution version of any photograph of species.
- Specific information available concerning the forest of Rambouillet, France.
- English and French versions
- Common names of mushrooms are also available in Italian, German and Spanish.
All material of this application is original.
Each permission may be changed in the application's options
- internet access, exclusively for the optional download of higher resolution photos
- optional location detection through GPS or network-based location
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.