The NIV First-Century Study Bible invites you into the questions, stories, and interpretations—both ancient and modern—which introduce you to a world vastly different from your own. Let us read with an eye on the past and with our feet planted in our present questions and circumstances.
Join Kent Dobson as he unpacks the culture of Bible times, and illuminates Scripture passages while asking thoughtful questions along the way. Kent is the teaching pastor at Mars Hill Bible Church in Grandville, Michigan, where he initially served as the worship director. He has been featured on Biblical programs for the History Channel and the Discovery Channel. Kent fell in love with Biblical studies in Israel and had the privilege of learning from both Jewish and Christian scholars.
After his time in Israel, he returned to the States to teach high school religion and Bible before responding to God's call to the pastorate. Today, he keeps his connection to the Holy Land strong as he leads tours to Israel that combine study and prayer, inspired by the ancient discipline of spiritual pilgrimage.
The NIV First Century Study Bible is a beautiful, easy to use, full-featured Bible app designed for quick navigation, easy note taking and powerful Bible study.
All Bible translations, Study Bibles, Commentaries and Devotionals can be downloaded to your device so you can use them off-line (without an Internet connection). Tecarta Bible makes it easy to navigate, search, highlight verses, bookmark, make margin notes, and copy and paste into your notes.
- Complete NIV translation
- Book introductions and outlines for each book of the Bible
- Study notes expound on the Scripture and incorporate writings from early church writers, rabbis, and extra-biblical sources.
- Word studies illuminate Hebrew words and explore their meaning
- “Addressing the Text Articles” delve deeper into passages of Scripture
- Fast and easy to use
- Flip back and forth from your Bible to note-taking during lessons with one touch and not miss a thing
- No internet connection needed for downloaded Bibles, Study Bibles, Commentaries and Devotionals
- Use either Study mode or Parallel mode.
- Select, copy and paste multiple verses easily and quickly
- Quick navigation either by using predictive entry or table of contents
- Margin notes allow you to write notes for a specific passage
- Night mode for low light reading
- Both word and verse selection for highlights
- Facebook and Twitter sharing
- Highlighting allows readers to easily emphasize verses or passages
- Full-text search by OT, NT or current book allows users to quickly find words and study topics
- Bookmark your favorite passages for quick future reference or make your own personal studies
- Powerful folder system allows users to organize notes and bookmarks
- History folder and back button
- Portrait / Landscape mode
- Cross references by tap and hold underlined words in the NIV
- Font sizes can be easily changed
- Easily e-mail notes to yourself, friends or family
- Users can expand Bible translations library easily and affordably through in-app purchase
- Split-screen capability for parallel translations
- Autoscroll with adjustable speed
- Synchronize all your notes, bookmarks, margin notes and highlights across all Android devices
Are we missing any features you would like to see? Do you have any suggestions? Email us at email@example.com
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.