StarSeek 5 lets anyone identify what’s in the night sky simply by holding your Android phone or tablet up to the sky! The dynamically changing map will show you “what’s up” as you pan around the sky. You’ll identify stars, constellations, planets, and more. Then just tap on an object displayed on your phone’s screen to get information about it. Pretty cool! The map is highly customizable, so you can enjoy just the amount and kind of detail you want to see. Search for any object in the database, and follow the arrow on screen to locate it in the sky. Animate the stars and planets with Time controls as StarSeek 5 compresses days, months, and years into a few seconds. Preserve your eyesight with red-screen “night vision” mode as you're exploring the skies. Stay updated with SkyWeek - Sky & Telescope Magazine's weekly column, with interactive sky charts. SkyWeek is accessible from right within the app.
StarSeek 5 includes 2.5 million stars, 31,000 deep sky objects, the Solar System's major planets and moons, and over 4,000 updatable asteroids, comets, and satellites. Simulate the sky from any place in the Solar System, up to 10,000 years in the past or future. Expand your astronomical knowledge with over 1500 encyclopedic descriptions of the constellations, stars, and planets. Enjoy more than 800 images from NASA space missions, the Hubble Space Telescope, and the world's foremost astrophotographers.
StarSeek 5 allows wireless control of Orion’s many computerized GoTo telescopes – from the portable StarSeeker 4 line to the large-aperture SkyQuest series of GoTo Dobsonians – as well as Celestron, Meade, and many other computerized telescopes. It can point your GoTo or "Push-To" computerized telescope anywhere in the sky, using your phone’s built-in Wi-Fi along with our StarSeek Wireless Telescope Controller module (new 2016 version only [#6001]; sold separately). Plan observing sessions with Observing Lists, log your observations into them, and share them with friends. Once you try navigating the night sky with your Android device and StarSeek, you’ll never go back to controlling your telescope with its standard hand controller!
Requires Android version 4.0 or later on a 1 GHz or faster Android phone or tablet.
WHAT'S NEW IN STARSEEK 5 FOR ANDROID
1) Complete rewrite of the compass code, for smoother and more accurate sky tracking!
2) Tonight at a Glance: the Sun, Moon, Planets, ISS, and Iridium flares in one handy view!
3) Notifications when the ISS will pass overhead, when Iridium satellites flare, and more!
4) Completely new sounds, and a new look to the sky and horizon. Better transitions between portrait and landscape mode.
5) OpenGL boost! New 3D models of the ISS, HST, Phobos, Deimos, Ceres, Vesta, and other solar system objects and spacecraft. Improved higher-res Mars map.
6) Object lists in the Search menu now show thumbnail images. New options in Advanced Search.
7) Updated object descriptions, with images in-line. Every object now has a description!
8) Reworked Time Flow controls. Set the date and time directly from the main toolbar. Run time 1000x faster than reality.
9) Google Drive sync for your settings and observing lists! Change them on one device, and synchronize your changes across all your Android devices!
10) An on-line repository of observing lists from experienced amateur astronomers. A "tour mode" that guides you through objects in each list!
11) An improved deep sky database with Abell and Hickson galaxy clusters, and globular clusters in M 31.
12) A handy Digitized Sky Survey viewer that lets you download images from the DSS!
14) Improved multi-star alignment for telescopes with digital setting circles. Add Barlows and focal reducers to your equipment list!
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.