Improve your English language skills with the Oxford Advanced Learnerâs Dictionary. Understand what words mean. Learn how to say them. Know how to use them.
The Oxford Advanced Learnerâs Dictionary (OALD) is a world best-seller. It is now available as an app, with the full A-Z dictionary and real voice (not text to speech) audio. It has been developed by the same editors from Oxford University Press who created the printed dictionary, working together with Paragon Software, a leading software developer for mobile devices.
Learn more with a dictionary thatâs written for learners of English:
â¢ 184,500 words, phrases and meanings explained clearly
â¢ Easy-to-understand explanations written using the 3000-word defining vocabulary
â¢ Use the Oxford 3000 keyword entries to learn the most important words in English
â¢ Look up over 57,000 synonyms and opposites
â¢ Learn words in their natural context with over 83,000 collocations (words that go together) highlighted
â¢ Find the Academic Word List words easily â they are all labelled
â¢ Notes give extra help in difficult areas, for example the differences between similar words, tricky points of grammar, or British and American usage
â¢ Find information about British and American culture
â¢ 1000 new words and meanings keep you up-to-date with todayâs vocabulary and usage
â¢ 1300 words illustrated in groups build your topic vocabulary. You can enlarge and explore the illustrations.
â¢ Access over 95,000 extra example sentences
â¢ Study all verb forms, and word origins
- Listen to real British and American voices pronounce words and example sentences
- Access the high quality audio offline within the app, including 116,000 example sentences
- All the dictionary text is live – tap to instantly look up any word
- Browse the full Oxford 3000 (the most important words for you to know in English)
- Create your own list of favourite words and pin favourite words to your desktop
- Snap the application to the right or left of your screen for easy access while running other programs
- Search the dictionary from anywhere within the operating system by using the Search charm
- Find a word in any phrase or example sentence in the dictionary
- âDid you meanâ¦?â function and wildcard search allow you to find a word even if you donât know the spelling
- Tap on phonetics, abbreviations and symbols for help with what they mean
- View History to see the last words you looked up
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.