PHOTOS & SOUNDS are downloaded separately, and must be manually installed via your PC. Please check the Readme file at this download website so you know how to do this. The photos and sounds are NOT included in the download package from the Android market. It is recommended that you test the download and install process with a demo version of another checklist, then install this checklist when you have confirmed that everything is working correctly.
If you still have difficulties please check out the support website before emailing me: https://sites.google.com/site/birdingchecklists/
This is one of a series of Birding Checklist applications for Android mobile phones and tablets. There are applications for Australia, New Zealand, United States (excluding Mexico and South America), Western Palearctic (UK and Europe), Middle East, the Pacific Islands, and Ecuador/Peru/Bolivia.
Pacific Is download website:
The Pacific Islands encompasses 25 regions/islands – 838 bird species.
This checklist supersedes the earlier Norfolk and Lord Howe Island checklist. Both Norfolk and Lord Howe Islands are included as regions in this checklist (Norfolk Island is also included in the NZ checklist, and Lord Howe in the Australian checklist), which also covers:
American Samoa; Cook Is; Easter Is; Fiji; French Polynesia; Guam; Kiribati; Lord Howe; Marianas; Marshall Is, Micronesia; Nauru; New Caledonia; Niue; Norfolk Is; Palau; Pitcairn Is; Solomons; Tokelau; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu; US Minor Outlying Islands (including Wake Is); Wallis & Futuna; Western Samoa.
These applications include basic bird identification information, and are NOT intended to replace a field guide. It is expected that users will have good familiarity with the birds they are seeing, and will use this application for:
a. Logging bird sightings (with GPS co-ordinates if your phone has a GPS)
b. Uploading your sightings to eBird (or similar PC or online recording system)
c. Maintaining your Lifelist
Full versions have the following features:
- complete listing of all bird species and subspecies (where known)
- searching and filtering of the bird list
- statistics and record of your personal bird Lifelist
- current tick list (birds you have seen today or during a short field trip)
- quick lists for customised bird listings for locations your frequently visit
- display of bird photos and bird calls on the SD card linked to the application (these must be manually downloaded separately)
- logging facilities including GPS location (if your phone has a GPS)
- export log file in eBird Import format for rapid loading of your sightings to eBird
- optional downloadable Rangemaps and extended text descriptions (incomplete but growing collection on external download site)
- help information
- play mp4 videos of birds stored in the photos folder on the SD card
- support for large screen 1280 x 800 tablets
- second language support for display of bird names only (not currently available for Pacific Is)
You can easily add your own resources files (photos, videos, bird calls, rangemaps and extended descriptions) – the application places no restriction on this but very large numbers of photos (many thousands) may slow down the application.
Please contact me if you have any comments or suggestions, or corrections to the bird information. Please also get in contact if you are interested in helping create a new birding checklist application for birds in your area.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.