This functions completely offline - and worldwide!
PeakFinder knows more than 350'000 peaks - from Mount Everest to the little hill around the corner.
Winner of several prizes. Highly recommended by nationalgeographic.com, androidpit.com, smokinapps.com, outdoor-magazin.com, themetaq.com, digital-geography.com, …
••• Features •••
- Works offline and worldwide
- Includes more than 350'000 peak names
- Overlays the camera image with the panorama drawing *
- Realtime rendering of the surrounding landscapes in a range of 300km/200mil
- Digital telescope to select less prominent peaks
- 'Show me'-function for visible peaks
- Selection of the viewpoint by GPS, the peak directory or an (online) map
- Can fly like a bird from peak to peak and vertically upwards **
- Shows the solar and lunar orbit with rise and set times
- Uses compass and motion sensors
- Weekly updates of the peak directory
* On devices without a gyroscope sensor the camera mode is not supported.
** On some older Android devices the graphic processor does not support the perspective rendering. On these devices the flight mode does not work and only the mountain silhouettes are displayed.