Michael Muller and Patrick Hoelck are Hollywood’s two most sought-after Celebrity Photographers responsible for some of the most striking and globally-recognizable images. Their work can be found on billboards, magazine covers, and art galleries all over the world. Longtime friends, Patrick and Michael decided to found Photo School to fill a void in traditional photography education, and as an online community to allow photographers at all skill and professional levels to connect and advance their craft. You’ll also meet Brian Smith. In this course, you’ll get a closer look at their work and how they’ve become the great photographers that they are today.
- Access 4 lectures & 1 hour of content
- Watch interviews of Hollywood photographers Michael Muller, Patrick Hoelck, and Brian Bowen Smith
- Understand their creative process
- Hear their career advice for young photographers
This Basics Workshop kicks off with an overview of how a DSLR works. You’ll learn about aperture, mirror, shutter, sensor, and what they are all for. You will gain more understanding of exposure, ISO, and shutter speed, as well as how they affect your final photo. This course will also take you through camera settings, focal length, image compression, lens selection, and more.
- Access 13 lectures & 1 hour of content 24/7
- Get an overview of how your DSLR works
- Understand the concept of exposure. depth of field, aperture, & ISO
- Lean how shutter speed affects your exposure
- Use focal length to compress images
- Know the difference & advantages when selecting lenses
- Know what a megapixel is & when you should worry about it
- Shape natural light in open shade
- Shape portrait lighting within the limitations of iPhone photography
- Know the essential gear for any beginner photographer
If you have a passion for photography and want to go pro, Brian Bowen Smith will give you the basic concepts and tips for professional photography. Brian is an A-List celebrity photographer and his A-list images have graced countless magazine covers and fashion campaigns. His personal work has been shown at galleries around the world. Who else are you gonna turn to for professional advice aside from the pro himself?
- Access 7 lectures & 1 hour of content 24/7
- Know the practical fundamentals of professional photography
- Take a look at Brian’s approach to camera settings & light metering
- Learn what to look for & what to avoid when buying a camera
- Get some ideas on different sensors
- Select the perfect lense & know the impact of focal distance
- Work on different lighting conditions
- Recreate natural light in the studio
From a natural setting, Patrick now takes you to the studio setup. In this course, you will learn how he sets up everything for a studio shoot. You will learn about edge lights, directional beauty light, and triple key lighting. You will also learn how to create dramatic shadows as well as how to capture motion.
- Access 10 lectures & 1.5 hours of content 24/7
- Learn the basics of studio lighting
- Establish key lighting & polaroiding
- Illuminate the background & add a fill light
- Add two, then four edge lights
- Flood the cycle with light & maintain contrast
- Explore a few options for lighting the eyes
- Learn about soft, timeless beauty lighting
- Take a look at a very unique, simple triple key setup
- Use a handheld strobe to create dramatic shadows
- Use two light setup to capture motion
In this course, award-winning celebrity and advertising photographer and director Michael Muller takes you outdoors. You’ll go out of the comfort that a studio setup usually provides. You will learn how to make the most out of available natural light and learn when and where to add more lights. You will learn about alternate looks, backlighting, perspectives, angles, and setting up a seamless.
- Access 9 lectures & 1.5 hours of content 24/7
- Create a studio look on your patio
- Know the specific needs of musicians with their shots for album packaging
Create a dramatic effect with a single light
- Do a versatile setup for multiple subjects
- Explore multiple perspectives & angles for your subject
Michael Muller takes you to explore outside the studio. In this course, he will demonstrate the importance of your point of view on location. You will work with abstract reflections, natural lighting, and bounce cards. He also shares a way to “steal” locations — shooting in the grocery store or the mall parking lot. Finally, he’ll demonstrate how to execute a test shoot on location.
- Access 7 lectures & 2 hours of content 24/7
- Know the importance of your point of view on location
- Mix abstract reflections with natural light portraiture
- Find unique locations just around the corner
- Take advantage of your grocery store’s florescent lighting
- Get some great looks in a strip mall parking lot
- Execute a test shoot for an aspiring model with a variety of conditions
Michael Muller is an award-winning celebrity and advertising photographer and director whose work can be found on countless campaigns and blockbuster action movie posters. In this course, he takes you to studio photography. He will tackle the essential elements of shooting in the studio– from natural lighting to advanced portrait lighting. You will learn how to effectively capture great photos for portraits, beauty shots, and posters.
- Access 11 lectures & 2 hours of content 24/7
- Learn natural light techniques for shooting head shots
- Understand their approach to studio lighting
- See the flexibility of a single cheap Kino light
- Use a single top light for dramatic result
- Add & remove contrast with bounce boards
- Learn more about portrait, edge & cross lighting
In this course, professional photographer and award-winning director Patrick Hoelck teaches you all about natural lighting. In less than an hour of videos, you will understand the effects of natural lighting and how to use the available light to your advantage. You’ll explore shooting in a studio, open shade, and under the sun.
- Access 4 lectures & 1 hour of content 24/7
- Shoot into the sun to create a backlit flare
- Use available natural light in studio
- Make the most out of available light with a variety of bounce cards
- Add lights to an open shade setup
Brian’s A-List celebrity images have graced countless magazine covers and fashion campaigns. His personal work has been shown at galleries around the world, and in this course, Brian will show you his career history and walk you through his usual creative process. You will learn why natural lighting is important and how to properly use it to capture stunning photos.
- Access 7 lectures & 1 hour of content 24/7
- Listen as Brian relates his career history into advice for new photographers
- Walk through his creative process
- Know the differences in his approach to personal & professional work
- Learn how to use direct sun & bounce for natural lighting
- See how to use a silver bounce board
- Take a look at the results of different approaches
In this course, Pro Skater turned Pro Photographer Arto Saari walks you through his background and creative approach. Arto is known for his breathtaking skate photography as well as his incredible lifestyle & portrait images. You will see how he incorporated his skating experience to capture stunning photos. You will also learn some quick tips to capture lifestyle shots on set.
- Access 5 lectures & 2.6 hours of content 24/7
- Learn how Arto transitioned from skating to professional photography
- Know the importance of a second, smaller camera to get intimate moments on set
- See Arto’s casual portrait setup when shooting athletes
- Capture a skate session in natural light
- Learn how to use strobes to freeze action during a busy skate session
Estevan Oriol is the preeminent Los Angeles street photographer of his generation. His legendary work has documented the low rider, and street gang lifestyle for over 20 years. Oriol’s extensive portfolio juxtaposes the glamorous and gritty planes of LA culture, featuring portraits of famous athletes, artists, celebrities, and musicians as well as Latino, urban, gang, and tattoo counterculture lifestyles. He has photographed Al Pacino, Robert Dinero, Dennis Hopper, Marissa Miller, Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, Floyd Mayweather, and Lance Armstrong amongst others. In this course, you’ll get a closer look at Estevan’s work process and how he approaches photography.
- Access 6 lectures & 1 hour of content 24/7
- Understand Estevan’s history, career, & creative approach
- Take a look at Estevan’s warehouse
- Learn more about Estevan’s career & business in photography
- See Estevan’s photography gear
- Watch a typical shoot in Downtown LA
Kenny is a graphic designer who has created tons of amazing movie posters and album covers, and in this course, he will take you to the basic process of creating epic movie posters. You will see how he came up with design pieces for famous movies such as Kick-Ass 2, Fifty Shades of Grey, and The Fault in Our Stars. You will learn how these posters are made from start to finish.
- Access 7 lectures & 2 hours of content 24/7
- Take a look at Gravillis studio where Kenny creates some of the most innovative movie posters
- Learn some tips when shooting movie posters
- Learn how movie posters are made from start to finish
- Watch as Kenny breaks down the making of movie posters for Kick-Ass 2, Fifty Shades of Grey, & The Fault in Our Stars
Note: Software NOT included.
In this course, Jess Herman will take you through the fundamentals of processing and retouching. You’ll do the basics such as clean up, cloning, and healing, as well as eye retouch, creative portrait coloring, and compositing backgrounds. Jess has worked for Michael Muller every day for years. She is a formally trained Photoshop Wiz and has retouched thousands of images for Michael.
- Access 13 lectures & 3.35 hours of content 24/7
- Learn a detailed approach in retouching the eyes in Photoshop
- Composite a background to achieve a vintage look
- Create subtly unique portraits with some simple color techniques
- Deal with the unique challenges of body skin tone & shaping
- Learn the difference between the Clone & Healing brush
- Cool down & clean up your image with a light touch
Note: Software NOT included
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.